Penny’s Album

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Penny’s Album

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant

Month and a half ago the wife and I adopted a welsh corgi from the local corgi rescue. She’s been great fun, but she rarely wants to mug for the camera. She’d much rather be right up next to you begging for attention. Nonetheless, with a bit of persistence, I’ve manage to get a few gems that capture her rather well.

Penny’s Album @ Picasa

A few of the best:

lokisbong
    Participant

Nice! Corgis are cool little dogs. Looks like you got a best friend already.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Wow, that really reinforces my thoughts that Bandit must have a bit of Corgi in her:

She was just a normal rescue mutt, no specific breed. Her sister Smokey from the same litter looks nothing like her:

(Not the best shot of her, but the only one I have online and handy.) Smokey looks more Terrier while Bandit looks more Corgi.

Anyway, cute pup!

Barracuda
    Participant

Sure looks like it to me too. I’m not exactly a walking encyclopedia of dog breeds and looks, but I can’t think of another breed that would express that typical corgi face and color.

chupathingie
    Participant

Nice to see others doing the rescue thing… I’ve got a pair of terriers that way… one looks to be Jack Russel; full of energy…a good thing, they both have their accellerators stuck to the floor so they keep each other entertained. Cause‘s last shot there reminds of my two…all bared teeth and mock snarls as they play with each other. They look fierce in a pic out of context.

Cuda, that last shot under the chair is aaaawwesome! Too dang cute.

Yugoboy
    Participant

CISS – Bandit looks to have a raging ass-load of Jack Russel in her. I’ve got 2, and since we moved in, there’s been an introduction of about 5 or 6 more to the neighborhood, so I know the look. Her head, face and ears are exactly perfect for a Jack.

chupathingie
    Participant

^what he said, now that I think about it… The colors and the eyes are right for a Jack. The build and over-all shape definitely screams Corgi, so she may have a bit of both. There is so much variation in Jack Russels that it’s hard to tell sometimes. My wife and I think our newest is a Jack/Greyhound mix… she’s leggy with hindquarters shaped like a greyhound, with a Jack’s grizzled muzzle and colors and she sleeps with her eyes open (which is a little weird, but apparently common to greyhounds). I’ll post a pic tonight after work for comparison’s sake.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Interesting, Yugoboy. I’m not that familiar with the breed so I always assumed Corgi but that would certainly explain Smokey’s more terrier look.

Bandit’s got the coloring, pronounced chest, and short stocky stature that I always associated with Corgi. She’s got long smooth hair (and lots of it; always shedding) whereas Smokey has short wirey hair that I associated more with a terrier.

ravnostic
    Participant

12 levels of cuteness in those shots! Love the ones under the chair and on the porch in the snow.

chupathingie
    Participant

Here’s a shot of Maggie, our Russel-mongrel mix for comparison… apparently the Corgi has similar coloring, but Mags has the typical medium wiry coat with a short soft undercoat.

Barracuda
    Participant

I always associate Jack’s with the show Fraiser which my wife and I routinely watch old episodes of. We’ve got the whole series on DVD (wife picked them up on the cheap off eBay if I recall)

While not the all that sharp, this one is one of my favorites just for the facial expression:

Yugoboy
    Participant

Both of you have mentioned the wire-hair version of Jacks. Ours (and the majority) are smooth coat (think “My Dog Skip”).

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Here’s a shot of Maggie, our Russel-mongrel mix for comparison… apparently the Corgi has similar coloring, but Mags has the typical medium wiry coat with a short soft undercoat.

Now THAT looks like Smokey (aside from the coloring) – the hair sprouts coming from the snout, the eyebrows, the beard, even the white stripe dividing her face.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Penny’s Album’ is closed to new replies.