Persieds 2011

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

So now that the moon is in a better part of the sky, the clouds are rolling in thick and heavy. How’d everyone else fair?

ravnostic
    Participant

Working, and tomorrow’s moon will be even fuller. AND we have clouds (I see them on my breaks). Batting .000 here…we have the ISS passing over at 4:35-4:45, hopefully there will be a break.

lokisbong
    Participant

Moon is still blinding bright and its rather cloudy to top it off. I saw a few meteors but I don’t think I got even one on camera. Pointed the right direction even.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Well, I saw Blue Oyster Cult & Foghat, but they’re more fading stars than shooting stars. 😉 Seriously though, it was clouded over & raining (which we greatly need). I’m not sure it’s possible to see a meteor shower in OK unless it’s cold enough to freeze your breath.

chupathingie
    Participant

Ditto here on the unusually cloudy. Although we’ve been clear here most of the summer, seeing has been horrible (haze and dust mostly, often smoke). There’s something south of town I’ve been itching to get a shot of with the milky way as a backdrop, but I’ve had no luck.

So no Perseids for us, but we did drag table and chairs out into the front yard to watch a very flashy thunderstorm pass by friday…

orionid
    Participant

Here’s a time-lapse of the moonlit clouds rolling in. Jupiter gets absorbed, and an airplane flies by. microwoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiK7xuUAVCg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Persieds 2011’ is closed to new replies.