PHOTO TRIP!!!!!!! (Bozeman/Yellowstone/Tetons/etc)

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill PHOTO TRIP!!!!!!! (Bozeman/Yellowstone/Tetons/etc)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    fluffybunny
    Participant

That. Is. Awesome.

Wish I was there.

Barracuda
    Participant

So here I was standing on the wall at the Snake River overlook remarking to another photographer how the trees have grown a bit since 1942 when Ansel Adams was there in 1942, blocking the view of the full curve of the river as we can’t get high enough. As we are discussig this another guy walks up saying he’ll get high enough… just about the time I was about to remark something to the effect of “you’d need a helicopter” – he opens up a hard plastic case to reveal a DJI Phantom Quadcopter. I got a couple shots of it airborne, but sure enough, it got plenty high to get the view…

Barracuda
    Participant

Trip is coming to an end, but that’s alright, I’m ready to be back home in my own bed about now. Last day here I decided not to ride as I strained something in my left knee a few days ago and the climbs they had planned did not sound like a good idea. So instead I drove out to the top of the first climb and took photos as the rest came up and over the top. Also took in the Museum of the Rockies, which has a great collection of fossils and complete dinosaur skeletons on display.

Barracuda
    Participant

Who’s got a good article on astrophotography processing? First quick stab at one of my shots from Yellowstone (no darks, just Lightroom processed)

fluffybunny
    Participant

Not so much an article but a good tool:

http://deepskystacker.free.fr/english/index.html

Barracuda
    Participant

Thanks fluffybunny – I’ll look into that this afternoon.

Photos / links to albums posted here: http://farktography.net/index.php?module=forum&file=viewtopic&t=4048

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘PHOTO TRIP!!!!!!! (Bozeman/Yellowstone/Tetons/etc)’ is closed to new replies.