Possible site malfunction?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Possible site malfunction?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mikemikeb
    Participant

A little backstory: During DST, if I had this site’s time settings in the correct time zone mode (GMT – 5 Hours, a.k.a. Eastern Time), all post times were an hour behind the actual time. So I set the timer to GMT – 4 Hours, to assure that the proper time was being displayed.

I changed my time profile back to the correct profile of GMT – 5 Hours after DST ended. However, the forum time is still an hour behind the proper time. I reset my computer’s clock, and things still don’t work.

Is this something at my end alone, or is everyone else experiencing the same thing? Is the forum malfunctioning?

monkeybort
    Participant

couldn’t tell ya, i never look at the times on the site.

Diggin
    Participant

GMT -4 setting here. My watch reads 12:49 right now

hitting submit…..

**Edit** looks perfect!

Klahanie
    Participant

As far as I know, it has always been an hour behind for me. Dunno why, just is…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

IIRC, GMT doesn’t use use Daylight Saving’s time, which might explain part of it. The other part might be the system time being an hour off due to time change and/or time zone location. As long as it isn’t messing with people’s ability to login, I probably wouldn’t worry about it too much.

zeke
    Participant

There’s a config for the entire engine telling the software what timezone the server is in. Then, each user can tell the system what time zone they are in, so it always looks ‘right’. I just adjusted the time on the framework back to GMT-5, so if your user settings are correct for the timezone you are in, it should show as ‘right’

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Possible site malfunction?’ is closed to new replies.