pricing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    monkeybort
    Participant

I have an image that is in use on a gift certificate-type card (it’s shaped like a credit card and is plastic) and i have no idea how much to charge for another year of use. the first year of use was covered under a contract, but my contract has now expired and i would like to be a little better compensated this year since they got a *REALLY* good deal on my images when i was under contract.

they are sold at least 6 locations and there are probably still a couple hundred or more out there floating around to be sold.

any ideas on what to charge? it’s limited use, one year, non-exclusive.

veruca
    Participant

one beeelion dollars *puts pinky to lips*

seriously, wow. you’re out of my league with that one. is it a well-known company? are they making quite a bit off the things? how much did you charge last time? take that and triple it?

do you already have a number in your head?

monkeybort
    Participant

it’s for jackson hole mountain resort, which also happens to be the company i work for in an accounting capacity. the cards are strictly gift certificates, so you give the cashier, say, $50, and the mountain makes $50.

i got $100 for them to use it all last winter. i think that’s pretty *barry white voice* looooooow.

so…..yeah. i’m clueless. i like the idea of tripling it though – i was sort of thinking between $250 and $400 for another year’s use.

i also like the idea of one beeeeeeeellion dollars.

Marley
    Participant

Have you checked the stock photography sites to see how they price licenses? I took a quick look, but the ones I checked required registration to get prices.

veruca
    Participant

$100? crikey! that seems like robbery ‘bort. but if you price it too high do you fear they’ll just find another photo?

tripling it, at the very least, sounds fair to me.

monkeybort
    Participant

Have you checked the stock photography sites to see how they price licenses? I took a quick look, but the ones I checked required registration to get prices.

ooo, no i haven’t. that is a good idea, thank you!

Marley
    Participant

ooo, no i haven’t. that is a good idea, thank you!

Any luck?

monkeybort
    Participant

not yet, i’ve been ridiculously busy this weekend and actually, all month. i’ll probably look into it further after i finish moving this week.

😀

Marley
    Participant

Oh, ack, moving. I hate moving. I’d offer to help but my Jeep is still full of stuff from my last move.

(Not to mention it would probably be a long commute.)

Good luck!

Saldo1981
    Participant

Talked to a guy I know that use to do stuff like that as his main source of income. He said $750-$1000

monkeybort
    Participant

Talked to a guy I know that use to do stuff like that as his main source of income. He said $750-$1000

oh, awesome saldo – thank you!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘pricing’ is closed to new replies.