Projecting (probably needs a better title)

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Themes Projecting (probably needs a better title)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

I’ll volunteer to recuse myself because it may not be fair, but the theme would be ‘projector art’, or taking a two-dimensional ‘something’ and projecting it onto a 3D space and photographing that.

An example would be one of my entries for ‘green’ (can add photos here if needed). That was a circuit board I absconded from work and jammed into my opaque projector.

Unfortunately, it does need equipment, but a overhead projector, digital/LCD projector, or opaque projector would be acceptable. The last can be had for about $20-30 from Amazon for a starter box that can take a 4″x4″ square of a flat thing.

Heavier than normal editing would have to be allowable, but no stacked images, adding/removing components other than cropping should still apply. HDR ain’t gonna help a lot anyhow.

And I can offer tricks, tips, or whatever if it helps. I make a lot of mistakes lol, but I do learn from them.

orionid
    Participant

+1 for subject
    -1 for difficulty/exclusion factor

Also… “Projection mapping”?

Perhaps expanding the theme to light painting in general?

olavf
    Participant

How about expanding to include light thru 2d objects into 3d space? The classic “girl and blind slat shadows” for an obvious example.

orionid
    Participant

That may work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Projecting (probably needs a better title)’ is closed to new replies.