Proper posting of pictures

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Proper posting of pictures

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    QuickSilver
    Participant

Can someone please advise of the proper way to post a picture for the contests.
    I am specifically referring to not violating the Flickr policy on linking to pictures.
    I tried to put what I usually use in this post but all I get is the img
    I guess I can’t even ask the question properly.
    I noticed in another thread that I was reading that someone said that the page should be linked to. I don’t understand and I surely don’t want to lose my privledges with Flickr.
    :oops

monkeybort
    Participant

when you click on the ‘view different sizes’ there are two boxes of code – the first one includes everything you need to make your photo a link, the second one is just the URL. if you just copy and paste the text from the first one into the ‘comments’ box on fark it should do everything you need to do to post your pic and link back to flickr.

QuickSilver
    Participant

Thank You very much. I have been cutting and pasting the info I get from right clicking on the image on flickr and selecting properties. It works but I don’t know if it was a violation or not.
    Thanks again.
    Ps Elsinore told me the same thing once but I didn’t understand it and didn’t want to admit how dumb I really am.

millera9
    Participant

Correct. The difference is that the full pre-written link on flickr brings anyone who clicks on the image back to the flickr website. The other link, which is just a url for the jpg image, takes anyone who turns that into a link to a page with just the picture on it. Flickr doesn’t like this because it doesn’t encourage new business for them. They want free advertising.

Usually what I do is use their link for the medium sized image and then put a line of text with a link to the jpg of the large image. That way I’m not violating their policy and people who want to view a larger version of the image can get to it without having to navigate a foreign website.

monkeybort
    Participant

no worries, i didn’t get it at first either. 🙂

QuickSilver
    Participant

I probably should have been asking this question on Flickr in the first place 😳

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Proper posting of pictures’ is closed to new replies.