Published! (In a minor kind of way but–published!!)

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Published! (In a minor kind of way but–published!!)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

I submitted my haboob picture (“Skylines”, May 20 2010; ranked 112th with 5 votes) to the local paper and they printed it–in a 2″ x 1.5″ thumbnail in the ‘Your Weather’ spot on the back page of the local section.

But I’m still happy about it. It’s a first for me.

I’d be interested in knowing if other farktographers are published (I can’t imagine someone like U-man or Soosh not making some money on the side with their awesome shots).

ravnostic
    Participant

p.s., no they don’t pay readers for printing these. 🙁

olavf
    Participant

It’s still pretty cool though 🙂

soosh
    Participant

I’ve had one photo in Discover magazine, one in a magazine from New York, an album cover in the UK, and a few breaking news things in the local paper. My local paper doesn’t pay, either, or I would submit a lot more.

That’s awesome that they printed yours!

orionid
    Participant

Which album cover?

lokisbong
    Participant

Congrats on getting in the paper even if its a freebie.
    The closest I can claim to being published is My friends got married last December and I took all the photos for them including the picture in the paper announcing their wedding. I apparently got a lot of compliments on that picture from family members of the bride. The grooms family only had one or two members that showed up for it and I don’t think they really payed much attention to the paper.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ve had one photo in Discover magazine,

I would be interested in seeing that picture. I love D. Mag.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Very nice, congrats ravnostic! I’ve had a couple of photos published in the local alt weekly, one of which made the cover–very thrilling to see your stuff in print, eh?

ravnostic
    Participant

Very nice, congrats ravnostic! I’ve had a couple of photos published in the local alt weekly, one of which made the cover–very thrilling to see your stuff in print, eh?

Indeed. Even if it’s only 240×150 pixels. Or so. This is my third publication; first was a computer program in 1984, then a short story in 2004(ish). I never thought a photo would make it, though. I submitted the dragonfly w/cameo spider to the Nat’l Geo photography contest. Won’t win, of course, there’re ‘real’ photographers entering. But I’m still proud of that shot. Some of yout’s ought to enter; you all have a serious chance there (there are some really excellent shots, but I’ve seen as good in farktography.)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Published! (In a minor kind of way but–published!!)’ is closed to new replies.