Regarding the Hopper…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Regarding the Hopper…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Lately we’ve been getting lots of really good suggestions for the hopper, which is now stocked up for 25 contests, or about a half a year.

At least in my brief history of 10 months here, I’ve never seen it so full.

I’m wondering if maybe it’s time to ‘up’ the required votes to green-light from 7 to 10, or something along those lines. I can think of 1/2 dozen reasons why we should, and 1/2 dozen why we shouldn’t.

Anyone else have an opinion on the idea?

SilverStag
    Participant

Why not do a poll?

Kestrana
    Participant

There are a lot of themes there but I want to mention it’s slightly deceptive. Now I add themes to the hopper immediately after they hit critical mass instead of the hopper only becoming populated when we schedule more themes. So naturally you’re going to see a burgeoning of themes in the period between schedulings.

linguine
    Participant

I’d vote for waiting a little to see if the increase is just from changing from updating the hopper in bunches to continuously updating it and then if it does look like the hopper list is still growing quickly try upping the votes for adding themes by 1 if we need to later.

orionid
    Participant

I’d vote for waiting a little to see if the increase is just from changing from updating the hopper in bunches to continuously updating it and then if it does look like the hopper list is still growing quickly try upping the votes for adding themes by 1 if we need to later.

What he said. IIRC, seven became the threshold during a long dry spell, before then it seemed (at least from this dude’s perspective), it was a balance between speedy responses and long term votes (ie, 7 quick votes roughly equaled 10 over two or three months). But I live/breathe/eat/work in a world full of knee-jerk reactions, and would like to see this trend out before any decision be made. If anything, this thread serves to put us all in a position to keep out eyes on it, and provide constructive input when we get to a decision point.

Kestrana
    Participant

Or just stop suggesting stuff rav 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Regarding the Hopper…’ is closed to new replies.