Road Trip

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bender16v
    Participant

I sent you a PM, but if you didn’t get it swing by our booth in Tube and Pipe in the Central Hall C1828 for Crippa and ask for Chris. I’m headed back in there now to try to finish getting ready for tomorrow.

The trip has been crazy with about every moment spent working or traveling. I’ll post some photos as soon as I get a chance to look through them. I drove to the Grand Canyon and back to Las Vegas yesterday which puts my total at 2,830 miles so far.

fluffybunny
    Participant

I drove to the Grand Canyon

I first read that as “I drove through the Grand Canyon”, and that would have been awesome.

chupathingie
    Participant

I drove to the Grand Canyon and back to Las Vegas yesterday which puts my total at 2,830 miles so far.

Oooohhhh….. there are some stunning opportunities if you get lucky enough to catch a storm rolling in this time of year. Had you seen the canyon before? That’s the kind of thing you just can’t experience any other way than first-hand.

Yoyo
    Participant

Well everyone, I can now assure you that Bender16v does in fact exist. It did happen, and I have the pics. Unfortunately, he’s not a robot from Futurama.

I hope your business dinner Monday went well.

bender16v
    Participant

Unfortunately I am real. It was great to meet you and I apologize for how busy we were on Monday. Yesterday wasn’t as bad and I imagine that today will be pretty slow. Getting there an hour early to open up, staying late to close up, then late dinners make for really small amounts of sleep at these shows. Have you made any good contacts here?

Chupathingie, that was my first time seeing the Grand Canyon. You are correct that no photograph that I have seen can properly convey the size of it. There was some snow when I was there but it was very light and just made everything look hazy. I’ll try to get some photos posted this evening.

Yoyo
    Participant

I stopped for 3 days in Page, Arizona on my way home and then spent Sunday along the south rim of the Grand Canyon. I’m hoping some of the stereo-grams I shot turn out well. They might show the enormousness of the ditch.

bender16v
    Participant

I’m finally home. As soon as I got back from out west I had to leave for Thanksgiving! 5,108 miles in the trip out west. chupathingie and CauseISaidSo, I appreciate the offers to meet up but I was in a hurry to get home. My wife called me and our 10 y.o. dog got really sick. After a night at the vet’s he was gone in the morning. I will definitely be back out there someday. Also it was great to meet Yoyo out there. There are an incredible amount of things to see out there!

I’m still processing photos and I’ll post some here when I get done.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Any time, bender16v. And I and my girls, Smokey and Bandit, send our deepest condolences on the loss of your dog.

chupathingie
    Participant

Awww… 🙁 I lost one a few years back the same way, I didn’t even get to say goodbye. My condolences, as well.

As far as not stopping goes, s’ok. There will be other trips. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Road Trip’ is closed to new replies.