Rough weekend…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I got word yesterday morning that my Dad passed. He’s been battling cancer for the last 7 months, but the fight didn’t go so well. He’d been getting steadily worse the last couple months, but especially the last 3-4 weeks. He joined Fark for awhile (unbeknownst to me) just so he could participate in Farktography after he’d heard me talk about it so much. He wanted to share that with me, and apparently didn’t want our relationship to get in the way or influence anything. If he was a dork (and he was at times ;), it was mostly because he was trying his damndest to act like someone different (which I’ll admit set off my bullshit detector, and the big reason I eventually figured him out anyway :lol:). Not sure if I’ll feel up to participating this week unless I find something in the archives…

This is a shot of Quick Silver (my Dad) from the Photographing Photographers theme. That Sigma was his baby as much as my 30D is mine:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/211187667

Morningbreath
    Participant

Elsinore, I am sorry for your loss.

staplermofo
    Participant

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

SilverStag
    Participant

Sweetie, I’m so sorry for your loss. Please know that we are thinking of you and Zeke and will be in our thoughts.

Snug Tight
    Participant

Sorry, Elsinore.

schnee
    Participant

Ah jeez, E[b/], please accept my condolences and pass them along to your family.

andyofne
    Participant

That’s really cool that you guys had something in common besides being related.

You and your family have my most sincere condolences.

linguine
    Participant

Sorry about your loss. I guess his trying to hide his participation here explains why he was wearing a paper bag for the self portraits contest.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

Well that sucks.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Bummer 🙁

Sorry for your loss.

You & yours are in my thoughts.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks everyone…

Sorry about your loss. I guess his trying to hide his participation here explains why he was wearing a paper bag for the self portraits contest.

Yeah, that paper bag bit was the first to trip my radar that something might be up that guy 😆 . Took me awhile to figure it out conclusively, though.

Killerclaw
    Participant

Aw man, that’s terrible. Our family lost an uncle to cancer last year…

What was his fark tag? I’d like to look up his portfolio

Elsinore
    Keymaster

He was Quick Silver. My favorite shots of his were the one of the boat off at sea framed by the window in the stone wall and the creepy little b/w school house from Abandon All Hope.

http://www.schneeworld.com/fsm/portfolio/html/Quick%20Silver

nutkick_42
    Participant

Sorry for your loss.

That boat framed by a window was absolutely beautiful. It’s one of my all time farktography favorites.

XenPix
    Participant

Sorry to hear of your loss Elsinore. I haven’t had to deal with the loss of a parent, and I can’t even begin to imagine how it would affect a person. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Rough weekend…’ is closed to new replies.