Rules Clarification: In-Camera Digital Effects

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Rules Clarification: In-Camera Digital Effects

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

As discussed last week, the rules around in-camera image modifications have been clarified. You can review the changes under the How To Participate and The Rules links on the left menu, but the upshot is that in-camera image modifications will be held to the same rules as post-processing. e.g. Using black and white or sepia tone when taking a picture will continue to be acceptable, however, in-camera selective color, distortion or other digital special effects will not be. The weekly boobies post rules overview will contain the following revised section:

Ideally, your photograph should be presented as taken, with as little alteration as possible either digitally in-camera or in your image editor during post-processing. No selectively applied digital effects! No removal or addition of image elements, no spot treatments, and no HDR images, please.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

QuickSilver
    Participant

No removal or addition of image elements, no spot treatments, and no HDR images, please. [/b]

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Can one assume that dust removal is still OK?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, sensor/scan dust removal, red-eye, and film scratches are still fair game for spot treatments. The full text of the boobies post mentions those exceptions.

SilverStag
    Participant

Well, heck, if I can retouch spots, I’ve got lots of 30 year old slides …..

although, seriously, going back and looking at them, many of them are not nearly so good as I remembered.

boringolddoug
    Participant
    SilverStag wrote:
    Well, heck, if I can retouch spots, I
    But then again, are any of them after we’ve taken them? I never get that magic moment back.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Rules Clarification: In-Camera Digital Effects’ is closed to new replies.