Share your opinions to help improve open source photo sharin

Forums Forums Get Technical Software Share your opinions to help improve open source photo sharin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    chimeraverite
    Participant

Hi Farktographers!

I’m an HCI student and I’ve been working on a project with Gallery (the open source online photo sharing software) to better understand how and why people share their photos online, and what’s important to them in choosing a method to share photos.

How do photos play a part in your life, and how and why do you share them? Your feedback will help us continue to improve Gallery in it’s next release and beyond. The survey should only take a few minutes and you can access it here:

http://survey.usability-methods.com/beta/survey/6720c12644b9439abea48f335b058779/

Your opinion will make a big difference in helping to understand photo sharing in general and in improving the open source Gallery software specifically.

Thanks, Farkers!
    Jules

P.S. Gallery 3.0 will be released soon, and will be easier, smaller, faster, more usable, and fun to customize. We invite you to learn more here.

staplermofo
    Participant

A few minutes!? That mofo took me almost a dozen!
    That much of my time is worth like 85?.

chimeraverite
    Participant

A few minutes!? That mofo took me almost a dozen!
    That much of my time is worth like 85?.

Sorry, staplermofo. As a token of my appreciation, I’ll throw in an extra 24? and get you an order of Cheesy Tots at the BK.

Seriously- thanks. Those dozen minutes are much appreciated.

olavf
    Participant

I did your survey, but only because I already abuse Gallery.

Can I get jalapeno poppers from Jack in the Box instead?

millera9
    Participant

Survey completed. Awaiting chocolate milkshake.

schnee
    Participant

Done. I’m not sure what a “professional photographer” is, however.

I’d love to see Gallery include a “similar image” search function. Given a candidate image (e.g. “albatross flying in the sky”), find images that look like it (e.g. “airplanes flying in the sky”). Go take a look at Pixit. But I’m weird and have a very specific use-case for that.

3Horn
    Participant

I’ll pass of the BK, and ask for some nice themes for the 3.0 beta (I suck at configuring PHP).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Share your opinions to help improve open source photo sharin’ is closed to new replies.