Shopping for a digital

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Shopping for a digital

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Shahanna
    Participant

Thanks everyone, you’ve given me plenty to think about. I think I am going to stretch my budget a bit and look at the D40. Need to save up a bit, but I think I’d regret going cheaper in the long run. Unfortunately some other expenses have cropped up, so it will be a while, but at least I have a goal.

millera9
    Participant

No problem, happy to help. Keep practicing with your current set-up and make sure you let us know when you get around to picking up the new one!

Shahanna
    Participant

I’ve had some pretty neat pictures turn up, even with the camera I’ve got (Vivitar ViviCam3746), which wasn’t too bad for a first digital the years ago I bought it, but now… eh. Even so, it will manage some pretty decent photos.

XenPix
    Participant

I’ve had some pretty neat pictures turn up, even with the camera I’ve got (Vivitar ViviCam3746), which wasn’t too bad for a first digital the years ago I bought it, but now… eh. Even so, it will manage some pretty decent photos.

That’s a pretty damn fine magnolia you have there. Fantastic shot. Point and shoots don’t take away from the skill of the photographer, as that picture clearly shows. Can’t wait to see what you come up with when you get your dSLR! 🙂

Shahanna
    Participant

Well someone knows their flowers. 🙂

And I do believe that is the nicest thing anyone’s ever said about my photography. *blush*

lokisbong
    Participant

i just bought a Canon Powershot A560 ..7.1 megapixel .any one have an opinion or advise?
    i took this looking down into a tidepool.

Curious
    Participant

and the one thing i miss about socal is …tidepools.

nice shot. looks like the focus wasn’t thrown off by the water surface which can happen on occasion.

lokisbong
    Participant

thanks.i have a lot to figure out about this camera.the sea anenome was just with the auto mode so the camera did all the hard stuff.all i did was make sure the sky was blocked by a rock.

jpatten
    Participant

We have a canon powershot… little point and shoot. I played around for awhile with my Sister’s pentax DSLR… I would like to get my own and am looking at either a Pentax or Nikon D40. May have to save a few months since I want to avoid going into debt if I can

jpatten
    Participant

well I found myself a DSLR and got it today… found a deal on amazon for a Canon Digital Rebel XT 8MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 Lens

jpatten
    Participant

FInally shipped out today… I can’t wait to get it.

Killerclaw
    Participant

I had a Powershot A70 that was just a fantastic little camera. Only 3.2mp but the photos were still pretty darned good quality for all that.

I have that, It’s my take everywhere camera. It’s fantastic.

jpatten
    Participant

We had a kodak 3.2MP that we wore out after 5 years of practically daily usage. The lens mechanism wore out or broke, and we went with a Canon. It took pretty good pictures but was a real battery hog. The newer ones are much friendlier to batteries

jpatten
    Participant

Woot! my camera should arrive today! *wheee*

Elsinore
    Keymaster

w00t!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘Shopping for a digital’ is closed to new replies.