"Snow & Ice" theme? Hmmm…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill "Snow & Ice" theme? Hmmm…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Farktography has inspired me to go out and buy my first ever digital camera, which I just did today. Yay! I’m really bummed that I didn’t get it in time for the Signs theme because that one looked fun.

Anyway, I see the theme for Jan 18th is snow & ice? While I’m sure there will be many great photos submitted, probably at least 1/3 the country can’t participate in this. I live in Las Vegas and to say snow and ice are scarce is an understatement, even in January. I’d imagine Southern Cal, Arizona, Texas, Florida, and lots of other states are in the same predicament.

I guess maybe I can try to do something artistic with the ice in my freezer.

Klahanie
    Participant

Hmmm, it hadn’t occurred to me that people live where it stays warm all the time. 😯
    Lets see… you’ve got the freezer and ice cubes. Maybe you could get some dry ice and do weird stuff with it? There’s also diamonds. I don’t think anybody would argue that diamonds = ice. If your camera takes good macro shots you could try freezing various things and shooting the ice crystals…
    I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

veruca
    Participant

Farktography has inspired me to go out and buy my first ever digital camera, which I just did today. Yay! I’m really bummed that I didn’t get it in time for the Signs theme because that one looked fun.

Anyway, I see the theme for Jan 18th is snow & ice? While I’m sure there will be many great photos submitted, probably at least 1/3 the country can’t participate in this. I live in Las Vegas and to say snow and ice are scarce is an understatement, even in January. I’d imagine Southern Cal, Arizona, Texas, Florida, and lots of other states are in the same predicament.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the collective. Oops, my old Trek geekness is showing through.

Diamonds are a great idea GalleyWench.

Klahanie
    Participant

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the collective. Oops, my old Trek geekness is showing through.

Diamonds are a great idea GalleyWench.

Thank you, thank you very much. *insert elvis emoticon*. Heh, I kill me.

Anonymous
    Participant

I am going to be lazy and just use one of mine from 2003 Ice Storm in Lexington:

http://ice.saracom.com

I have not decide which yet.

Anonymous
    Participant

I am going to be lazy and just use one of mine from 2003 Ice Storm in Lexington:

http://ice.saracom.com

I have not decide which yet.

Oops, posted as guest. Didn’t know you could post without being logged in.

stupido
    Participant

Ok, I must be an idiot!

neonstz
    Participant

Ok, I must be an idiot!

With a username like that…

CaptainJim
    Participant

You can take a cookie sheet that has sides on it and put a leaf or whatever in it then fill with water and freeze. Take it out, prop it up, shoot through it and you get instant art. The point is to just think up crap.
    If we had a mountian theme I would look for an ant hill and go macro because there are no mountains in Indiana.
    Just remember, The image is less than half of a photo, most of it is vision.
    You won’t always be rewarded for your vision in these contest but oh well, it’s not like there is a prize.

/wishes there was a prize
    // I wonder if this is the first slashie in the forum

Klahanie
    Participant

Just remember, The image is less than half of a photo, most of it is vision.
    You won’t always be rewarded for your vision in these contest but oh well, it’s not like there is a prize.

/wishes there was a prize
    // I wonder if this is the first slashie in the forum

Well said! To be honest, the thing I love most about these “contests” is just the sharing of images. Well that, and meeting all youse guys! I’ll admit getting votes is a rush. I mean, I think my photos are okay, but when someone else likes one, I’m absolutely giddy. Okay, getting gushy…

/I dunno CaptainJim, I’d be surprised if I haven’t gone all slashy somewhere in this forum, but I have been holding back. 🙂

Klahanie
    Participant

Ok, I must be an idiot!

With a username like that…

Ha! Don’t worry stupido, you’re not the first one that has happened to.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘"Snow & Ice" theme? Hmmm…’ is closed to new replies.