So I went for a hike last weekend

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery So I went for a hike last weekend

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    linguine
    Participant
    Yugoboy
    Participant

Neat pix!

Question… What sport do they play? I mean… every one of ’em’s got a uniform number…

lokisbong
    Participant

Very cool! I wonder if the scientists who tag them could get any important info from your pics?

fluffybunny
    Participant

Birds in flight FTW! Condor as subject also good.

chupathingie
    Participant

Very cool! I wonder if the scientists who tag them could get any important info from your pics?

I saw two tag styles, so I’m guessing they’re either from different areas or are 2 different generations… there’s gotta be a condor preservation organization or the like who’d love to see these.

Besides, they’re wicked good shots of what they’re trying to preserve.

linguine
    Participant

Thanks, I did give to tag numbers to the condor team out here since Im interning on the park(newest national park too!), they track the condors movements and I know it was useful for them since I got shots of two condors theyve been trying to monitor as possible breeding pair thats been hanging out together a lot recently.

I saw two tag styles, so I’m guessing they’re either from different areas or are 2 different generations… there’s gotta be a condor preservation organization or the like who’d love to see these.

I think the tag styles are just for different sets of 100s although there could be more to it than that, I could find out this week if youre interested.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Cool!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks, I did give to tag numbers to the condor team out here since Im interning on the park(newest national park too!), they track the condors movements and I know it was useful for them since I got shots of two condors theyve been trying to monitor as possible breeding pair thats been hanging out together a lot recently.

Neat shots and scientifically useful, too – awesome! And you’re interning at a national park? Color the younger me envious!

linguine
    Participant

Neat shots and scientifically useful, too – awesome! And you’re interning at a national park? Color the younger me envious!

This is my second park and I also was at a wildlife refuge between the two parks. Its been at a lot of fun, especially for something that I stumbled into on the idea that it beats selling insurance. Hopefully I’ll get a real job out of this one day.

fluffybunny
    Participant

This is my second park and I also was at a wildlife refuge between the two parks. Its been at a lot of fun, especially for something that I stumbled into on the idea that it beats selling insurance. Hopefully I’ll get a real job out of this one day.

Sign me up on the envy list. Insurance sales vs park ranger, now there’s quite a spectrum. Here’s to it working out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘So I went for a hike last weekend’ is closed to new replies.