So, why the rhinos?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

In the Shadows contest, I almost did not enter the rhinos photo. I took it with the contest in mind, and I like the photo, but it just didn’t sing “Shadows” to me. I entered it anyway, ’cause it is a fun photo.

I figured the cactus photo would have scored higher, but it didn’t. I know that Fark-voting is really hard to predict, but as photographers, what’s the deal with the rhinos? I can’t figure it out.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I dunno..I have yet to figure out the Fark voting, but I did like the Rhinos shot because they were both curled up so close together within the shade of the tree. It looked like it was so hot they needed that 10 degree difference and they knew that was the only way to get a bit of respite from the heat. Least that was my take on it 😉

veruca
    Participant

See – I thought my photo of my husband on the beach would get more play but as someone pointed out…he’s just underexposed and not really a shadow. But he looks like a shadow in my mind dammit!

Who doesn’t love rhinos? After squirrels with large nuts rhinos are at least number 2! (it’s a good photo schnne, quite interesting to view).

sleeping
    Participant

See – I thought my photo of my husband on the beach would get more play but as someone pointed out…he’s just underexposed and not really a shadow. But he looks like a shadow in my mind dammit!

Look at it this way: When you’re talking about photos, shadow can also be the opposite of highlight…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘So, why the rhinos?’ is closed to new replies.