Standard Editing Software

Forums Forums Get Technical Software Standard Editing Software

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    bender16v
    Participant

That is another good reason to avoid Adobe. Plus I don’t like the fact that they seem to have a monopoly on vector imaging. Any printing places I’ve dealt with really want .ai files. I’ve only been able to get by using PDFs exported from Inkscape. I’ll have to look into filesharing for a copy of Lightroom or PS if I decide to buy a legal one too.

I’d like to be able to automate some things since I have 1000s of photos to go through on my computer. Also I feel like Gimp’s “Scale” is not very good, even with Sinc interpolation. It is great software for free though.

aspidites
    Participant

That is another good reason to avoid Adobe. Plus I don’t like the fact that they seem to have a monopoly on vector imaging. Any printing places I’ve dealt with really want .ai files. I’ve only been able to get by using PDFs exported from Inkscape. I’ll have to look into filesharing for a copy of Lightroom or PS if I decide to buy a legal one too.

I’d like to be able to automate some things since I have 1000s of photos to go through on my computer. Also I feel like Gimp’s “Scale” is not very good, even with Sinc interpolation. It is great software for free though.

I have used CaptureOne before and it does very well with batch proccessing.

That being said I use Lightroom 3x and Photoshop CS5 to do just about everything now, and like SilverStag somehow my coffee gets made.

lokisbong
    Participant

I use Canons DPP which came in the cameras software bundle and Gimp for the stuff I don’t think DPP will do. If I had the money to buy Adobe software I would get me a used car or motorcycle instead.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I’ll have to look into filesharing for a copy of Lightroom or PS if I decide to buy a legal one too.

Clearly, file sharing is illegal and wrong and anyone who searched for Adobe Lightroom 3 on Pirate Bay and downloaded a torrent like this:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5685901/SkZ-Adobe_LightRoom_3_%5BMULTI_FR_ENG_DE%5D_SK4NZ

and then installed that torrent on their computer in direct violation of copyright law would be wrong. Very, very wrong. Particularly in light of the absence of malware, the valid keys and ability to update. They would be illegal and wrong!

sleeping
    Participant

I’ve used both PS and GIMP, and really the only basic thing lacking in GIMP is high bit-depth color operations.

Two words: Adjustment Layers 😉

orionid
    Participant

Wow. I can’t believe you actually posted the link the the torrent. I mean, we all do it, but it’s like masturbation, we don’t go around publicy broadcasting that fact (NSFW).

/Thanks
    //CS4 (legal), with a couple of plugins of dubious legality like Topaz and Silver FX Pro.

Kestrana
    Participant

Man I wish I could torrent on this connection but satellite is poo. I mean, I’m glad that I have satellite internet, which is slow and doesn’t like using bandwidth, so that I can avoid accidentally clicking on links like that one above.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Standard Editing Software’ is closed to new replies.