Stolen from G+

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

…and I have to laugh–the truth should make us smile.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol yep

SilverStag
    Participant

I’m glad I got out of the HDR hole before it got too deep.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’ve either skipped over it or it’s still to come, but I’ve yet to play with HDR seriously.

But what’s /p/ and why does it cause the precipitous fall in self-perception?

swampa
    Participant

I was wondering that too?

And more importantly … where is farktography??? 😛

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I was wondering that too?

And more importantly … where is farktography??? 😛

Most references to community based websites with a single letter between two slashes are sections of “4chan.org”. There does appear to be a /p/ area in 4chan, but there’s no way I’m going to go to any pat of the website while at work. 🙂 I’ll check when I get home later.

NOTE: I edited this to correct the website address to 4chan.ORG since the other one is, uh, very wrong.

zincprincess
    Participant

It appears I’m headed for “Gearfaggotry”. I’m not sure what that means but it sounds like fun.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Most references to community based websites with a single letter between two slashes are sections of “4chan.com”.

Ah, that makes sense. I’ve heard of /b/ of course, but not /p/. In that case, swampa, it would appear that we should substitute farktography for /p/. Doing that certainly makes the graph a lot more applicable!

It appears I’m headed for “Gearfaggotry”. I’m not sure what that means but it sounds like fun.

I believe “gearfaggotry” is the phase where you know just enough about photography that you can manage to convince yourself (and even better, your spouse), that you could actually get your money’s worth out of that high $ glass that you wouldn’t have given a second thought about buying earlier. Or so I’ve heard. 😉

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I feel like I’ve been through all of these stages already. I also feel like I haven’t been doing photography long enough to be where the graph indicates I should be. Maybe that’s the point…

Kestrana
    Participant

I figured /p/ was the point where you go professional or not, and if you did then you follow the dotted line up and become, well, an asshole.

ravnostic
    Participant

I figured /p/ was the point where you go professional or not, and if you did then you follow the dotted line up and become, well, an asshole.

or that the ‘one’ shot that got published went nowhere… thus leading to the ‘I suck’ mentality. 😥

ennuipoet
    Participant

/p/ is the 4Chan Photography Board

http://boards.4chan.org/p/

It’s not as wild ad /b/ but I still wouldn’t go in there without gloves on.

Also, the HDR Hole is not the use of the HDR, but the use of HDR for EVERYTHING! I went there, churning out crappy blown out pics of stuff containing perfectly suitable dynamic range.

I still use HDR, just not so much as the early days 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Stolen from G+’ is closed to new replies.