Summer 2013 storm season!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Summer 2013 storm season!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant

Yugoboy
    Participant

That’s just awesome. It’s beautiful, and I’m jealous.

Had a T-storm here last night, but given my complete lack of vista, I didn’t bother even trying.

linguine
    Participant

awesome shot

ravnostic
    Participant

I hate you. I drove all the way to Sierra Vista because I was tired of it skipping the Valley. And then the *one* night I go; Sierra Vista: 0 , Phoenix, 1

//sonnobeech

caradoc
    Participant

I went the other way – up I17, across to Strawberry/Pine, down through Payson to Phoenix.

caradoc
    Participant

Here’s the view from Sunset Point Rest Area on my northbound I-17 leg, looking east:

caradoc
    Participant

A slightly different shot at the same location of that last one…

chupathingie
    Participant

Damn! That’s a gif, right there.

/not jealous, just lazy
    //ok, maybe a bit jealous

caradoc
    Participant

Good show last night.

Barracuda
    Participant

Great show indeed! I was bummed last night, I’d had one too many margaritas during dinner and I come out of the restaurant to head home (wife was driving) and saw this awe-inspiring anvil head cloud lit up by the evening light, no other clouds around, just this one towering cell – would have been perfect for this week’s farktography theme even. Wasn’t going to ask the wife to be my designated driver on a photo trip. 😆

caradoc
    Participant

Whoops! One more!

ravnostic
    Participant

I love that last one.

caradoc
    Participant

Thanks! You back in town yet, or what? I do have the Forester… which has a fold-down seat in the back, and it wouldn’t be hard at all to park you somewhere with a storm in front of you.

ravnostic
    Participant

I never left town; I was staying at my aunt’s. And my schedule, for all intent and purposes, it pretty open (I’m not working). I’ve graduated to a cane from the walker and I get around pretty well at this point. A little gimpy, but not too much. The cane is aluminum, the leg titanium, so you might not want to sit too close while we shoot…. ;o0

caradoc
    Participant

That’d be why I offered to let you sit in the back of the car. It’s a good-sized Faraday cage. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Summer 2013 storm season!’ is closed to new replies.