Tableau II: Raise Your Glass [Hopper]

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Themes Tableau II: Raise Your Glass [Hopper]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Pay homage to an iconic image, venue, historic incident, etc., in any way you see fitting.

Note: Post-process effects to replicate the original’s art medium/format are acceptable in this theme, elsewise, standard farktography rules apply.

///edit 2, refined the description, acknowledged the original.

[This theme is in the hopper]

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I think this could be a classic for “Tableau: Iconic images exist in every culture. Take a photograph evoking one of them.” Is that the kinda thing you were thinking of for this one?

ravnostic
    Participant

Along them lines, yes.

olavf
    Participant

Yeah, that would be Tableau.

But +1 for the classic.

Kestrana
    Participant

Tableau is probably one of, if not the best all around theme we ever did, at least IMHO.

I need more explanation for your special dispensation though. Are you saying effects such as the “standard artistic effects in processing programs” would be ok (burn, gloss, pointellize, wax, tissue paper, etc), effects such as over-saturation to make an Andy Warhol/Obama poster effect would be okay or something else?

ravnostic
    Participant

Yes and yes, Kestrana. Any processing technique to achieve the iconic effect is okay (using painterly effects to recreate the Mona Lisa, using colors for Andy Warhol, etc)–except photoshopping in actual elements (people, things, places) that aren’t in the original picture. Examples: You could recreate the iconic Hindenberg (burg?) disaster, but you couldn’t do so by photoshopping in the exploding flames from some other photographic source, or you could recreate the Abbey Road album cover–but you couldn’t photoshop in the actual Abbey Road or, having a picture of the actual Abbey Road, photoshop in 4 people walking across it.

The basis needs to be a photograph with all the necessary elements already in place.

Now how do we say that concisely and clearly, I’m not certain. Suggestions welcomed!

//edit: redefined the description–bettar? Si, o no?

Plamadude30k
    Participant

+1
    I really like themes like this that make you think.

ennuipoet
    Participant

+1!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

+1

lokisbong
    Participant

+1

ravnostic
    Participant

Bibliostatus Rex

Just caught that–love it!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yeah, Elsinore assigned me that title a few weeks ago. It took me a while before I noticed it, too, even though she specifically asked if she could call me that.

clouddancer
    Participant

+1

nobigdeal
    Participant

+1

Kestrana
    Participant

I think your edited description works fine for post-processing. If people have specific questions about what is and isn’t allowed they can phrase them in the contest thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘Tableau II: Raise Your Glass [Hopper]’ is closed to new replies.