Thanks for all the fish

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Thanks for all the fish

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

Self-improvement is key. On my own, I wouldn’t have tried half the stuff I’ve entered here, and I’m a better photographer for it. And some of my absolute favorite photos I’ve taken are ones that I wouldn’t have taken if it weren’t for the themes here. I hate it when, like last week, I am sick or otherwise busy and can’t get to the ideas I was thinking about.

I’m going to have to wait until an hour after the contest today starts to even begin shooting one of my ideas, but that’s ok, as my TF subscription expired a few days ago and I’m broke for a week so I can’t post anything until it goes green tonight at 8pm my time.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Self-improvement is key. On my own, I wouldn’t have tried half the stuff I’ve entered here, and I’m a better photographer for it. And some of my absolute favorite photos I’ve taken are ones that I wouldn’t have taken if it weren’t for the themes here. I hate it when, like last week, I am sick or otherwise busy and can’t get to the ideas I was thinking about.

I’m going to have to wait until an hour after the contest today starts to even begin shooting one of my ideas, but that’s ok, as my TF subscription expired a few days ago and I’m broke for a week so I can’t post anything until it goes green tonight at 8pm my time.

Consider yourself Sponsored!!!

Can’t have Farktography without soosh!

soosh
    Participant

dude! thank you!

nobigdeal
    Participant

No prob…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Good stuff Orionid 🙂

On another note, in the grand scheme of things, I’ve only been here half a year, but I do now consider myself one of the regulars.

I definitely consider you a regular. I think anyone who just jumps right in quickly becomes a regular. And that’s good to see. I think there’s something a little different about the Farktography community compared to the PS community. Not to speak ill of the PS crowd, there’s just a little different vibe among the Farktographers. Maybe that’s because of our message board format over here, dunno. But I like it 🙂

I don’t know so much about a “clique” that I’ve heard reference to – usually by a recreational or non-regular participant complainging that only the “clique” gets the votes. Anybody that I’d figure would make up the clique – the usual heavy hitters – U-Man, Schnee, Elsinore, Corsec67, Ranger_Joe, Redwoodcruzr, etc. have all had a photo tank in recent history.

lol well thanks for considering me a “heavy hitter”. A lot of my photos tank…I’m just persistent 😆 . Of course, persistence isn’t going to keep U-Man from passing me on the All Time list in the next few weeks. But maybe I can hit one last milestone before hand (kinda doubt it, though 😆 )

The improvement is the cool thing, though. My photography skills have definitely improved, but I’ve seen lots of other folks get scary-good with their photography over time–schnee, millera9, and swampa2 immediately come to mind, but there are others. I think what really helps me is having a different weekly theme to think about and be inspired by. I’m not sure I would do as much completely on my own. And of course, there’s the inspiration (and laughs!) from what you guys post. It’s a win-win-win even if there aren’t any fabulous prizes 😉

swampa
    Participant

On another note, in the grand scheme of things, I’ve only been here half a year, but I do now consider myself one of the regulars.

Pffft, only a year and a half. I’m not voting for you yet!

/Sorry there has been way too much love and not enough snark for a fark related thread – just trying to balance things out 😛
    //I’m kidding btw!

I want to say I have improved but I would just settle for being able to think about composing shots more from ideas picked up in the contests.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Thanks for all the fish’ is closed to new replies.