The 100mm Macro has landed…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery The 100mm Macro has landed…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant

… and early tests are impressive. Only had a few minutes to try to get a few snaps before I had to get shut eye for a late night hardware migration at the office (still here in fact, 3:30am Dallas time).

Firewheel / Indian Blanket

Spent Firewheel flower

Fern (or at least a very small part of one!)

Silverado Sage / Texas Sage blossom.

Silverado Sage / Texas Sage leaf detail.

This one I posted over in the hardware section as well, but will add it here as well.

I’m sure there’ll be plenty more to come. I want to try to get some of my vintage cycling components setup for some extreme closeups and have a few other ideas as well.

ravnostic
    Participant

Really nice shots, Barra!

olavf
    Participant

Sweet!

Barracuda
    Participant

I think I’m getting the hang of this thing (both lens and flash)

Strong Vignette applied in post, it’s not the lens! 😉 – and that’s a rather small butterfly, maybe an inch?

This one is cropped down quite a ways.

Bicycle chain and gears, indoors, hand held.

“The reason I bought the lens” – aka, how I’m going to try to justify writing off the cost against the modest profit I make from my cycling website.

Barracuda
    Participant

Two dollar bill detail:

Saudi coin (70’s vintage)

And a couple from today’s walk around Oak Point Nature Preserve

lokisbong
    Participant

Nice pictures!

chupathingie
    Participant

You’re making me want one of these… Just out of curiosity, what’s the minimum focus distance?

Barracuda
    Participant

You’re making me want one of these… Just out of curiosity, what’s the minimum focus distance?

Google results says 1′, which sounds about right according to what I’ve experienced.

Nearly all photos in these two albums are with the new macro lens:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/102637182371352471338/PhotographyMacro#
    https://picasaweb.google.com/102637182371352471338/PhotographyNonNatureMacro

Haven’t used it much for longer focus distances, but from the few I have, it’s just as sharp at beyond macro distances. Took some photos earlier this evening with my 55-250 and hope I’m not disappointed with the sharpness of those photos after using this 100mm for the last week straight.

Barracuda
    Participant

Went to Oak Point to use the Tokina 11-16 a bit more before my trip, but there’s only so many ultra-wide landscapes you can take of one small like that’s a foot or two down on water right now. So…..

fluffybunny
    Participant

Excellent Anisoptera there ‘Cuda!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Those are some seriously excellent shots with that 100mm macro, ‘Cuda. I’ll have to add that one to my list of want-to-haves.

Barracuda
    Participant

CISS, might as well change that to “must-have-nows” 😉

Needless to say, I’m more than a bit smitten with it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘The 100mm Macro has landed…’ is closed to new replies.