There will be pics

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    chupathingie
    Participant

…but until then I bid you all adieu.

chupathingie
    Participant

first thing I saw when I walked out the front door this morning. I love coming to this place….

chupathingie
    Participant

Half an hour later, that big ridge in the back got swallowed. The range is called The Raggeds, BTW. The top of the range is ~13000ft.

ravnostic
    Participant

Dude. That last is just…awesome to behold. Woof.

chupathingie
    Participant

well, thanky! Here’s the full view of that cloud gobbling up the ridge. The ridgeline is roughly a couple miles long.

ravnostic
    Participant

Even better! This would make an awesome picture above a doorway.

orionid
    Participant

God Damn

chupathingie
    Participant

Wednesday night’s campsite… Meadow Lake is up at about 9100ft, and another alpine lake is upslope by a couple hundred feet to the right. The peak in the background is about 10600ft. We hiked up to about 10000ft before clouds and thunder rolled in. I’ll pass on the struck-by-lightning thing, TYVM…

chupathingie
    Participant

Welcome to Wyoming.

chupathingie
    Participant

Finally getting around to looking at all the card dumps on my pc. Found one I like SOOC… seriously; default CR2-16bit tif conversion in raw therapee then resized and spit out as a jpg with image majick. I shot bracketed, but I really don’t know if the other 2 exposures are worth doing anything with! 😆

orionid
    Participant

Welcome to Wyoming.

They still look a little skinny. Give ’em till november and they’ll do quite nicely next to the mashed potatoes.

orionid
    Participant

Awesome photos, too.

chupathingie
    Participant

w00T! Fist night of clear skies all vacation! 44 minutes’ exposure. The yellow glow is Salt Lake City’s light pollution (150 miles away, no less), the smeared shadows are the landscape rotating as the camera tracks the stars and the rest of that stuff in the middle is the central bulge of the galaxy we live in.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Now THAT is an awesome shot, chupa! Not that the others weren’t (your Wed night’s campsite shot gave me second thoughts about Jamaica vs. wilderness camping, but that’s moot thinking at this point), but this one – wow!

chupathingie
    Participant

Thanks! 🙂 I’m headed back out there tonight, clouds willing, for a tighter series (this was 24mm f4, gonna do another of a smaller area at 70-100mm with the f2.8 glass…)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘There will be pics’ is closed to new replies.