This week’s rejects

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery This week’s rejects

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    SilverStag
    Participant

I prepared 5 for this week’s contest as usual, and had my usual quandary as to which two to cull:

This one I decided to cut because it was borderline off-topic:

This one I cut because of duplication & I had a better shot of the same pole:

So what did you cut for this week?

QuickSilver
    Participant

Haven’t decided which of the 6 I will cull yet. Started with about 20 shots and now I have 6 left to decide from. It is so hard to decide. Not that I cannot critique my own work but The best shot is not always the best depiction of the theme.

SilverStag
    Participant

It’s funny that sometimes the one shot I think is killer never even surfaces in the voting, while one of my ‘backups’ runs off with the votes. I’m just sayin’ 🙂

Uranus
    Participant

if these are the rejects, i suspect another 86th runner-up position tomorrow 🙁

Curious
    Participant

It’s funny that sometimes the one shot I think is killer never even surfaces in the voting, while one of my ‘backups’ runs off with the votes. I’m just sayin’ 🙂

never seen that happen.

well not more than twice a month. i seem to have no grasp of what the voters want. and the voting results confirm that. but i’ll keep posting and hoping.

went through olde towne on the way home but wasn’t inspired. plus all i had with me was a point and shoot and it was 93 in the shade and no shade.

do have some shots that i like but will have to figure out which one is “best” in a little while.

swampa
    Participant

I was going to label this one “the invasion fleet” 😛

Chinatown

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I really like that first one, swampa–nice wide angle action there 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

D’oh, forgot to post mine:

Just figured the streetlight wasn’t all that prominent on this one:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/1130001221/

Liked this one for the context of the chandelier among the other regular streetlights, but overall just seemed too busy (not that the chandelier shot I posted wasn’t busy as well, but it was less so). Still, I posted a link to this with the one I posted.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/1130001787/

swampa
    Participant

Oh was there a reason there is a megaphone in the middle of the chandelier? It seems a weird place to keep it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, apparently the art museum that it stands in front of uses it for something or other, but I’m not sure what. The chandelier does light up at night, though.

QuickSilver
    Participant

I rejected this because the longer I looked at it the worse the focus got.

QuickSilver
    Participant

This one I rejected because the darn thing started looking more like a UFO than anything and I wanted it to be recognizable.

QuickSilver
    Participant

I really liked this shot and I wish now that I had used it instead of the failures that I posted to the contest.

There is one other reject on my flickr page if anyone is interested.

QuickSilver
    Participant

The shot that I thought would do the best of the ones I posted for the contest actually was my highest vote getter this week, albeit only 6 votes.

Uranus
    Participant

too damn many…….and still didn’t pick the right ones to get a respectable number of votes. 😳 just proves that decent kit doesn’t make a decent photographer,i guess.

can all be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/discover_uranus/1072597933/in/set-72157600288675517/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘This week’s rejects’ is closed to new replies.