TLR – it’s new to me

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk TLR – it’s new to me

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

Will probably have to go back and review it some more and digest the info further. i do that again and again.

and then again after i haven’t tried something in 6 months and have forgotten what the “trick” was 🙂

glad i could help.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Welp, I got a nifty little light meter for my birthday. Measures both incident and reflected light and has a handy shoe on the back so I can put it on the TLR’s flash shoe. I’ve got 2 rolls of chrome and 3 or 4 rolls of b/w, so now with the light meter, hopefully these rolls will turn out better than the others!

soosh
    Participant

When I’m not using expired film, my standbys for color negative are

Fujifilm NPH 400
    Kodak ULTRA 400UC
    Kodak PORTRA 400VC
    Fujifilm FUJICOLOR PRO 400H

The 400 speed seems to be a nice compromise between being able to use a wide variety of f-stops and shutter speeds, and in the larger format, grain isn’t a problem. I order up a bunch from B&H every so often.

I’ve heard, but have not tried yet, that WalMart will process 120 film by mailing it out to a central location. I wouldn’t trust them with anything super-important, but it might be a cheap way to process color while you’re experimenting and getting used to 120.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘TLR – it’s new to me’ is closed to new replies.