Tornado Outbreak

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

We have a number of Midwesterners among our regulars–is everyone ok from yesterday’s outbreak?

fluffybunny
    Participant
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, it was really bad, as they predicted it would be. A couple of those tornados crossed about 12 miles from my place, and only a couple miles from my sister.

chupathingie
    Participant

It’s been strange… out where I live we expect tornadoes, but haven’t seen one in over a year. Go figger. Hope all y’all have a safe spot within running distance…be safe!

bender16v
    Participant

I hope everybody is safe. I lived in Mississippi during the big outbreak last year and one passed about 1/4 mile from my house. I was scared, screaming for Auntie Em as it sounded like a train going over my house. The destruction that they cause is hard to put into words. While I hadn’t really started taking photos seriously at that time, I still didn’t even feel right taking photos with my phone out of respect for my neighbors who had lost so much. The only positive from it was that I got to use my new chainsaw, a lot.

Barracuda
    Participant

Hope everyone is safe. Seems like this latest outbreak has my dad spooked after dodging the bullet for 33 years in Dallas he’s looking into getting a shelter put in the side yard at his house in North Dallas.

Kestrana
    Participant

Anyone heard from SilverStag or zincprincess? They’re the two I can think of who live in the affected areas. (other than Elsinore of course)

lokisbong
    Participant

I also hope everyone in the danger zone are safe and still know where all their stuff is. Because we know how tornadoes like to spread peoples possessions around. Stay safe you all.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

SilverStag may have been far enough north of the main line that he avoided the worst of it, but he hasn’t posted on FB since yesterday at nearly 1am. I posted on his page to check in with him. I thought there were a couple folks from Ohio, and EdenLiesObscured is listed as Southern Indiana…

linguine
    Participant

SilverStag just uploaded a pic on flickr so I’m guessing he’s fine.

zincprincess
    Participant

We’re fine. We didn’t even lose power, praise Jebus. Chattanooga and the area east of Chattanooga got hit pretty hard. Knoxville dodged it, thankfully.

Kestrana
    Participant

Good to hear and I hope any other farmers in the area did just as well.

SilverStag
    Participant

I was actually in Connecticut during the storms 🙂

stupido
    Participant

The main area in Kentucky was to the east of me by about 80 miles. We had tornado warnings in Fayette county with some wind and heavy rain but no real damage. My family and friends also faired well.

Kestrana
    Participant

Good to hear stupido

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Tornado Outbreak’ is closed to new replies.