TotalFark goft subscriptions

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill TotalFark goft subscriptions

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

3) Gifting TF subscriptions – Anyone who subscribes (or is already subscribed) to TF gets two one-month TF gift passes to hand out to anyone they like. If the person you gifted with TF then later signs up for six months or a year of TF, you get the gift sub back to hand out to whoever you like all over again.

that is from the main page link to halloween and new things. there are folks doing photoshop that gift new photoshoppers with fair regularity. some liter shows talent and the community wants to encourage it .. presto TotalFark.

since this is new i don’t know the details in so far as how one actually does it. however it is something i wanted to bring to everyones attention.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah I saw that. What I want to know is, if say orionid, myself, U-Man and ennuipoet all sponser lokisbong for TF at the same time – does he get 4 months free, and if he were to then sign up for TF on his own afterwards, do we all get the pass back?

Curious
    Participant

the FAQs haven’t been updated for the new TF gifts. Elsinore may have been clued it separately.

lokisbong
    Participant

Interesting question Kestrana.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That is a good question…I don’t know the answer, but I’ll see if I can find out.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

So the answer is, multiple gift subscriptions couldn’t happen, because once the person has TF, they’re ineligible for a gift subscription. So if Kestrana gifts someone, the system recognizes them as TF now, so the gift subscription button completely disappears thus preventing anyone else from gift sub’ing them. In the unlikely event that two people gift sub someone at the same moment, the system won’t tack on to the end of their gift month. Once their gift TF runs out, they can receive another gift subscription, though.

Kestrana
    Participant

If their gift subscription runs out though, and they haven’t signed up, the gifter loses that certificate right? Or, if they received multiple gifts in a row, when they eventually sign up would all the gifters get their invite back?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

If they don’t sign up, then you’re correct that you don’t get the gift sub back. The second question I’ll have to get clarification on. And to clarify your question–You mean if you were to give someone a month, then a month later orionid gives the same person a month, then a month after that U-Man gives the same person a month, if that person then signs up in the 4th month, would all gifters receive their gift sub back, right?

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah I’m trying to see the extent of the system, whether or not chaining multiple free months makes it more affordable for some of the liters to sign up for TF if you think of your $25 going for say 9 months vs. 6 with the bonus of giving the people sponsoring you the gift back.

Yoyo
    Participant

I just got a free subscription to TF from ArmednHammered for Caturday submissions (I suspect). So a big shout-out to him for allowing me to wake up at 2 in the morning instead of 5 in the morning to post in Farktography threads. Unfortunately, the timing of the contest is not well suited for central Europe.

Farktographer
    Participant

Yoyo – where in Euro are you? I’m looking at 5 a.m. wake-up times as well for posting…hasn’t been working out well lately, haha.

Yoyo
    Participant

Kosovo presently. I might be moving to Constanta, Romania next year. What part of Europe is San Diego, Ca? Spain? Italy? 🙂

orionid
    Participant

Kosovo presently. I might be moving to Constanta, Romania next year. What part of Europe is San Diego, Ca? Spain? Italy? 🙂

No, that’s one of his aliases, worldwide master thief Sandiego, Carmen.

Farktographer
    Participant

No, that’s one of his aliases, worldwide master thief Sandiego, Carmen.

This. And I’m refusing to change the hometown tag 😉 Right now I’m in Manchester, UK, though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘TotalFark goft subscriptions’ is closed to new replies.