Triggers

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Triggers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sleeping
    Participant

I mentioned this in the Hurricane thread, but I think it might be worth it’s own instead rather than dragging that one more off topic….

So anyways, I bought a sound and lightning trigger from http://pmgadgets.net/

The lightning trigger sits in the camera hotshoe and connects to the remote release terminal. I haven’t had much opportunity to test it live yet though.

The sound trigger does work just fine. It connects to a flash via a standard 1/8″ mini jack, so basically you use a fairly dark room and a long shutter speed – open the shutter for a few seconds and use the flash to capture an exposure during that time. There’s a delay as well as a sensitivity adjustment, but no calibration markings on them so you have to dial it in by trial and error.

So far there have been quite a few errors:

But it’s been an interesting time playing with it for sure.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awrose/tags/soundtrigger/

orionid
    Participant

Triggers sure are fun. Can’t wait to see what you come up with once you start getting the feel of it.

sleeping
    Participant

Some better ones:

olavf
    Participant

The second one is still my favorite.

orionid
    Participant

Nice. Ice cubes?

sleeping
    Participant

No, I was shooting the water with an airsoft pistol. You can see the pellet in some of them if you look bigger

lokisbong
    Participant

Awesome! Now I wanna try that. Just gotta figure out how to get one of those trigger sets for my b-day or christmas. I plan on getting a set of macro extension tubes for myself for my birthday so that’s gonna have to wait a month or so I guess.

caradoc
    Participant

Awesome! Now I wanna try that. Just gotta figure out how to get one of those trigger sets for my b-day or christmas. I plan on getting a set of macro extension tubes for myself for my birthday so that’s gonna have to wait a month or so I guess.

If you’re electronically-inclined, you can build one.

lokisbong
    Participant

If you’re electronically-inclined, you can build one.

Not that skilled for sure. I would try that but my soldering skills are seriously non existent. I once made a shutter switch from a wired head set for a cell phone but have had to “repair ” it a half dozen times and it’s only 2 wires soldered to a momentary switch and a toggle switch.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Triggers’ is closed to new replies.