unexpected snowfall…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill unexpected snowfall…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chupathingie
    Participant

Here’s what I woke up to this morning. Last night was hail and thunderstorms, which shifted over to heavy snow at about 5AM. It’ll be gone before sunset, I’ll wager… high of 44 expected, with snow switching over to rain.

lokisbong
    Participant

I got to see snow falling the day before yesterday but it was very light and didn’t have any stayin power. The only thing it stuck to was my coat. It was neat watching the snow flurries blow past out in the desert valley to the north. I got some pictures I will look through them and post one here .

snow all around by lokisbong, on Flickr

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

That’s a pretty neat shot of a funky cloud formation, lokisbong.

chup, where abouts (generally) are you?!? I had thought you weren’t too far down the road from me, and we’re nowhere near snow yet (thank goodness). Light rain yesterday turning into heavy rain right now but we’ve still got highs in the 60s.

lokisbong
    Participant

Thanks CauseISaidSo. Most of what you can see of that cloud is falling snow. It looks like a lot of snow but I don’t think it was as thick as it looks. Hardly any stuck and what did was gone in an hour or so.
    edited because I cannot type

chupathingie
    Participant

What CauseISaidSo said…. that veil of snow coming down is neat looking, for lack of a more eloquent phrase.

CauseISaidSo, I’m in Amarillo. It surprised us too, we got about 4″ in the first hour and at one point had big 2″ clumps of snow coming down. The elevation here is 3600′, so that may have a lot to do with things.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘unexpected snowfall…’ is closed to new replies.