Vivian Maier

Forums Forums News Articles and Info Vivian Maier

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

ennuipoet, I’d never invite a non-photographer along on that sort of outing for the same reasons. We have gone out with our photographer friends, though, and that’s always amusing to notice that everyone keeps wandering off in different directions because they saw this or that, and then wandering back together, and then off again… As long as there’s a commonality to the group it can be pretty fun 🙂

Or, overseas with a bunch of other sailors, “Let us have copies of your pictures, and we’ll put up with you wandering off.”

olavf
    Participant

I thought that only worked on Magsaysay Street…

nobigdeal
    Participant

My photography can be a source of contention between my wife and I. I have tried to get her interested in it to no avail for a while now.

Uranus
    Participant

My photography can be a source of contention between my wife and I. I have tried to get her interested in it to no avail for a while now.

I bought wifey a nifty Fuji s5600 or somesuch, and she loves taking pictures. IMHO some of her stuff shows a better eye than mine, but her shots just go onto her laptop, and occasionally to FB…

The best way to get disinterested wives to either get interested ( or let you spend ludicrous amounts of cash on, an time with, your gear ) is to take some great snapshots of the kid(s) and her family…she will be putty in your hands… airplane tickets to farflung destinations don’t hurt either… “Remember to capture the memories, dear !!”[/b][/u]

Curious
    Participant

getting that SO their own camera does help. and then being interested in what they shot adds to that.

however being overly “well if you’d used a different f stop” or “remember the rule of thirds” can get that nice camera thrown at you 🙂

ravnostic
    Participant

While all your experiences vary, I envy yous’ for having photography companions, at any level. Of course, on the photographer creep angle, esp. pics of children, I’m sure having two males shooting images would just increase the ‘creep’ aspect exponentially.

I do well shooting the people I do without hassle thus far, though, and I think it’s because I often have set up the tripod, and use the remote cable release. Perhaps that adds to a ‘professional look’ factor. Dunno. I’ll be happily going solo to the Ren. Fair soon, though–I’m actually quite at peace photographing out on my own.

Uranus
    Participant

I do well shooting the people I do without hassle thus far, though, and I think it’s because I often have set up the tripod, and use the remote cable release. Perhaps that adds to a ‘professional look’ factor.

who are you? Carlos The Jackal?!

nobigdeal
    Participant

I bought wifey a nifty Fuji s5600 or somesuch, and she loves taking pictures. IMHO some of her stuff shows a better eye than mine, but her shots just go onto her laptop, and occasionally to FB…

The best way to get disinterested wives to either get interested ( or let you spend ludicrous amounts of cash on, an time with, your gear ) is to take some great snapshots of the kid(s) and her family…she will be putty in your hands… airplane tickets to farflung destinations don’t hurt either… “Remember to capture the memories, dear !!”[/b][/u]

She has zero interest in photography beyond critiquing my band shots.I did however stick a video camera in her hand a while back at a show. She is starting to get some notoriety for her videos, so that helps to keep her interested in the band stuff and keeps her from whining too much.

ravnostic
    Participant

I do well shooting the people I do without hassle thus far, though, and I think it’s because I often have set up the tripod, and use the remote cable release. Perhaps that adds to a ‘professional look’ factor.

who are you? Carlos The Jackal?!

Nien! Nein!

//wasn’t sure on the spelling, figure one or the other will be right.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘Vivian Maier’ is closed to new replies.