Warning: new FARK copyright policy steals your copyright

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Warning: new FARK copyright policy steals your copyright

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I agree, and I let him know I appreciate that he got on it in the midst of everything else going on. I would also suggest if there’s a concern about the transferable part that you bring that up to Drew. I’m not sure about it myself–on the one hand, it allows Drew to tell schnee and Farktography.net that they can scrape and post the pictures and voting results, but I don’t know about the “sub-licensable” thingee. Gonna think that one over myself. But seriously, if that’s a concern, don’t hesitate to bring it up; Drew’s pretty approachable.

chakalakasp
    Participant

Basically, the new language says you retain the copyright (which is apparently inherant, as I’ve been told by a bajillion people that you can’t transfer copyright the way they were trying to do it before), but that FARK can do anything they want with your image, including use it in advertisments, sell it, put it in a FARK book, etc., without giving you any kind of payment or asking you for permissoin. As written, it’s pretty close to what’s known as a “copyright grab”. Though, honestly, if they actually tried to do that with any of my images, I’d end up in litigation with them, depsite the fact that I really love FARK and it’d kill me to do it. That’s the short version; I wrote a rather long dissection of it here.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘Warning: new FARK copyright policy steals your copyright’ is closed to new replies.