Well, that was productive…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Well, that was productive…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    anneb
    Participant

Well, now I have a handle on why I haven’t been enjoying shooting or working on the computer much, lately. Had a nice chat with the optometrist today, and it appears that I’m not only getting a little more nearsighted, I’m borderline needing bifocals. That kind of explains why I’ve been *) wondering if I was ever getting my lenses clean enough, and *) having these unconscious aversions to looking at the screen. (it’s been triggering headaches.) Hopefully I can get a new lens Rx on my face before too long, and I’ll enjoy playing with pix more. Meanwhile, I’m going to sit a ways further back, over here, if you don’t mind.

One thing I did was walk into my eye appt. with my D70 in hand, and talked to her about the little diopter correcting thingy, and how it related to my eyeglass prescription. It took her about 20 seconds for her to play with it, figure it out, tell me what was most likely to work. While I kinda sorta had it figured out, I actually had it in the wrong place. (It’s probably long term going to be significantly to my advantage to shoot in contacts, though, instead of glasses.)

So, let’s hear it for corrective optics of all sorts, and I’d just like to mention again how much I <3 my optometrist.

😯

caradoc
    Participant

I am incredibly happy with the state of my vision two years after LASIK.

I’m still 20/15 in the right eye, 20/20 in the left. Not enough difference to cause me any problems.

I’m also very happy that I’m unlikely to require bifocals within the next ten years.

Analogy
    Participant

LASIK, meh. It’s not that I haven’t heard a lot of good things about it, it’s just… They’re my EYES. My EYES. My motherfarkin’ EYES man! My window to the world. My entire source of income as a television cameraman. I’ve heard stuff about people having problems at night with halos and stuff that I know would bug the crap out of me. So for now I’d rather deal with glasses than have a guy aiming frickin lazer beams at my face.

I’m 20/15 fully corrected, but I haven’t updated the prescription in a while, I’m probably down to 20/25 or so right now.

zeke
    Participant

LASIK, meh. It’s not that I haven’t heard a lot of good things about it, it’s just… They’re my EYES. My EYES. My motherfarkin’ EYES man! My window to the world. My entire source of income as a television cameraman. I’ve heard stuff about people having problems at night with halos and stuff that I know would bug the crap out of me. So for now I’d rather deal with glasses than have a guy aiming frickin lazer beams at my face.

I’m 20/15 fully corrected, but I haven’t updated the prescription in a while, I’m probably down to 20/25 or so right now.

Word. I’m an IT geek. If I screw up my eyes, I cant see to code, troubleshoot, or be anywhere near as productive or valuable. I can deal with sticking the frames on in the morning so long as it keeps paying the bills.

anneb
    Participant

Heh- I’m glad it’s not just me, then. I’m less of an IT geek than I used to be when I got paid for it, but am using the computer a bunch anway. For a couple years, I carpooled with a database admin who had lost his sight many years back, (yes, and when you ask about “carpool,” his dog and I swapped off driving duties d: ) — and while the software he had was great and worked for him, I really got a firm reminder burned into my head exactly what I have to lose. The glasses, I’ve had since I was 11, they’re not a hassle. The fact that the near-vision is giving me problems gives me pause, along with the headaches. Perhaps it’s time to invest in a share in geezerworld, and DEFINITELY a reminder to be nice to the kid who is going to have to put me in there some day 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Well, that was productive…’ is closed to new replies.