What about two weekly contests? (Part II)

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill What about two weekly contests? (Part II)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    mikemikeb
    Participant

With all the unused themes we have, and all the potential classics, maybe a second weekly contest would come in handy. What say you?

Link to Part 1

Morningbreath
    Participant

I would not mind seeing two contets. It would be neat if the second contest was only annoucned that Sunday, and you had to take the picture for the contest that week. It would make things a little different.

But, you also have to consider whether or not Drew wants two Farktography contests a week on the main page. It may be a little presumptious to assume he does.

mikemikeb
    Participant

But, you also have to consider whether or not Drew wants two Farktography contests a week on the main page. It may be a little presumptious to assume he does.

There are generally more greenlit Photoshop contests everyday than what would be approved under two-a-week for photos. I don’t think he’d mind at all.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmmm I’m wondering what impact having 2 weekly contests would have on stats for the FSM.

Also, as a point of information, your poll really should be one of whether or not people want 2 contests, then after that poll opening up to the days if people want 2 contests. The way it’s constructed now suggests there’s already been an authoritative decision made to have 2 contests and the “Wednesday nights” only option seems an afterthought. Sorry, just the psych research methods/survey methods background coming out…

schnee
    Participant

Hmmm I’m wondering what impact having 2 weekly contests would have on stats for the FSM.

Thanks for thinking of the FSM – you’ll probably get an extra meatball on Pasta Day!

Impact is likely minimal – I’d have to make sure that the FSM doesn’t stop at the 1st contest it sees on the mainpage, but other than that, minimal. If the 2nd contest had a regular schedule, then I’d just have to turn on “Scrape on Sunday” (for example). If it was a random schedule, I’d have to sample the main page hourly 24/7/365 or something. Either is doable, and both are just new cron expressions.

mikemikeb
    Participant

I have the impression that it would handle it fine, from what schnee has previously stated.

Sorry, just the psych research methods/survey methods background coming out…

Don’t worry about it. Oh, and you said that we all pretty much wanted Wednesdays if it was one-a-week, so I just went with that. 😛 We’re not in psychology class anymore. 😈

Oh, and edited to add:

I have the impression that it would handle it fine, from what schnee has previously stated.

That’s excluding what he said in this thread as I hadn’t read that beforehand. 8) Sorry!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Don’t worry about it. Oh, and you said that we all pretty much wanted Wednesdays if it was one-a-week, so I just went with that. 😛 We’re not in psychology class anymore. 😈

No, but the inner workings of how people perceive a list of choices/information and how they process and make decisions based on it happens whether we’re still in class or not 😉 I’m 8 yrs out of grad school, so academia for academia’s sake isn’t much on my mind these days. The previous poll was only on what day a week the contest should fall. Overanalysis? Probably, I’ll allow for that. But a properly constructed survey is always preferable to one that suggests bias that is or isn’t even intended.

monkeybort
    Participant

just for the record, i’m the one that voted for tasty photos because i couldn’t help myself.

😛

Klahanie
    Participant

just for the record, i’m the one that voted for tasty photos because i couldn’t help myself.

😛

I knew it! I figured that since it wasn’t me…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

LoL I seriously considered it myself…I voted for “oooh shiny!” on veruca’s poll poll…

mikemikeb
    Participant

I thought staplermofo did it, as he has that same sorta humor.

monkeybort
    Participant

I thought staplermofo did it, as he has that same sorta humor.

thanks! i love the mofo.

if the vote stays this close, my real vote is for wed. only.

mikemikeb
    Participant

if the vote stays this close, my real vote is for wed. only.

If the vote stays this close, I’m voting for Sunday and Wednesday.

Nope, I haven’t voted yet.

KarolA
    Participant

I’m the second person to vote for “mmm-tasty” also because I couldn’t help myself. I’m ascared when I find people who think the way I do before I do. Oh. And, damn you. 😉
    I’m partial to the Wednesday contests – but would love an occasional second contest (maybe not every week). I’d like to have the weekend to shoot both photos though – so prefer any days except Sat and Sun. All easy to say for me since all I do is show up and post.

linguine
    Participant

If people just wanted the occasional second contest would something like adding one contest a month where we did old themes over again and then did new themes every wednesday be possible and something people are interested in?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘What about two weekly contests? (Part II)’ is closed to new replies.