Which is better overall

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Which is better overall

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    sleeping
    Participant

I can mount FD with an adaptor =)

Not unless you’re willing to degrade your results by adding additional corrective optics or lose infinity focus (the EF mount has a longer flange-focal plane distance than FD). If you want to use old lenses on an EF mount camera you’re actually better off with Nikkors….

stupido
    Participant

Go for a Pentax DSLR!

Killerclaw
    Participant

I can mount FD with an adaptor =)

Not unless you’re willing to degrade your results by adding additional corrective optics or lose infinity focus (the EF mount has a longer flange-focal plane distance than FD). If you want to use old lenses on an EF mount camera you’re actually better off with Nikkors….

Well… I don’t want to add old lenses…I was just saying.

U-Man
    Participant

////Besides, it’s not like U-Man or Elsinore ever took any decent photos with their canons
    ///// ;-P~ Slashies!

nice. 🙂
    /love my Canons.

Quite honestly price-wise you’re going to get a better deal online. I’d stick with a reputable place like B&H Photo or Adorama Camera. Make sure you read all the reviews, and I wouldn’t be afraid to ask specifics here since someone on the forums has probably used what ever lens(es) you’re looking at for either system.

For camera bags…

I don’t know, olavf, the camera store in town competes very well on some things. Obviousy, one has to check both places.

This may not be justified, but I am OK buying lenses online. But it gives my the heebee jeebees getting a camera with a million parts from someplace I can’t walk into.

Bags – I have two that I use. One is a back-pack style with all of the padded compartments. Like this – http://www.tamrac.com/5586.htm . That one has all my stuff when I travel or go out for a day/night of shooting and will be near my car. The other one is like this – http://www.tamrac.com/5768.htm . I like this one more that I thought I would. It comfortably carries a camera + lens as well as two other lenses. (standard medium zoom, wide-angle, tele-zoom, or macro – pick 3 depending on what I’m doing). It is pretty comfortable while hiking (or even skiing) and it swings around so you don’t have to take it off to get to your stuff.

3Horn
    Participant

Quite honestly price-wise you’re going to get a better deal online. I’d stick with a reputable place like B&H Photo or Adorama Camera though, especially if you’re considering ‘gently used’ glass.

Another alternative (if you’re still possibly thinking about Nikon), is Cameta’s auctions on eBay. the sell bodies that have been refurbed by Nikon. I bought my D90 from them back in March for a couple hundred off of list, and not had a single problem with it.

soosh
    Participant

I’ve bought lenses online and in person. keh.com is a good place to check for used lenses. I have had good luck buying from them. I trust B&H over anybody, but have ordered from Adorama for some things. I’ve also bought gear off of ebay with surprisingly good results.

I have cheap adapters for Contax/Yashica mount and also for M42 screwmount that I use with old lenses and my Canons that work excellently. Canon FD not so much, but there are a world of old manual focus lenses that are readily adaptable to the EOS mount.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Which is better overall’ is closed to new replies.