Who’s planning on Leonid snaps?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Who’s planning on Leonid snaps?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chupathingie
    Participant

Not me, I’ll be on the road during the peak… dangit. The peak will be wed-thurs, so either AM from midnight to dawn will be prime time.

lokisbong
    Participant

Well now that I know when they will be I will be weather permitting. Hmmm mostly clear and 30 degrees on wednesday and more clouds called for thursday. Where exactly is a good place online to keep track of these events. I will forget if I don’t have a site bookmarked that I can look at regularly.

ravnostic
    Participant

It’s been my luck that these things happen on my work nights. 🙁

orionid
    Participant

I haven’t even given them thought, I’m so used to the winter showers being behind cloud cover. Maybe I’ll check the….. nevermind. Current forecast has rain until Thursday and heavy clouds through the weekend.
    :/

Maybe the Geminids…. maybe.

ravnostic
    Participant

I did look during my breaks at work, but did not see even one. I can see down to about mag. 4 at work, so hardly good viewing opportunities.

Next up are the Geminids, Dec 13/14; it’s said that it will be favorable to the US this year, and the moon will set at midnight, AND I’ll have those days off!!! So I will try for that one. Geminids, while not often spectacular, are pretty reliable.

lokisbong
    Participant

Missed them myself. Stupid sky decided to be just hazy enough to make seeing any thing clear impossible. Grr!

orionid
    Participant

In addition to the Geminids in December, there’s going to be a full lunar eclipse visible from East Asia, across the Americas, and western Europe. Oh, yes. There will be time lapse.

/Weather permitting.

SilverStag
    Participant

Weather Fail here.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Who’s planning on Leonid snaps?’ is closed to new replies.