Who’s up for a ride in the wayback machine?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Who’s up for a ride in the wayback machine?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Stumbled across this on flickr, fascinating stuff if you’ve a few hours to kill.

“A love of travel inspires so many photos on Flickr that we hope you’ll enjoy taking a century-old “grand tour.” Our Photochrom Print Collection shows Europe, the Middle East, and Canada as they appeared around 1890-1900. We started at the top of the world with Norway, Sweden, and Denmark in January. We added Scotland to the set in April. We’ll add more countries gradually.

Published primarily from the 1890s to 1910s, these prints were created by the Photoglob Company in Z?rich, Switzerland, and the Detroit Publishing Company in Michigan. The richly colored images look like photographs but are actually ink-based photolithographs, usually 6.5 x 9 inches. “

[Dalen, Telemarken (i.e, Telemark), Norway] (LOC)

orionid
    Participant

Well, Golly Mr. Peabody. I’ll sure have something to do at work tomorrow.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Cool.

I like the one of the Parliament Building in Ottawa, the original one, before it burnt to the ground.

Here is one for the City of Toronto Archives

http://www.flickr.com/photos/torontohistory/with/5224199440/

linguine
    Participant

Well, Golly Mr. Peabody. I’ll sure have something to do at work tomorrow.

I need to get myself a government job again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Who’s up for a ride in the wayback machine?’ is closed to new replies.