Why did I get booted from the best averages?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Why did I get booted from the best averages?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ottos_Jacket
    Participant

I have either been out of town or just didn’t have anything worthy to contribute the last couple of weeks…is that why I don’t show up in the best averages anymore? I was third, dangit! 😥

Analogy
    Participant

To make room for me. 😀 I just looked and I’ve broken into the best average standings list. Okay I’m at the bottom, but I’m IN THE LIST! :mrgreen:

Can’t help you with your issue though.

staplermofo
    Participant

I have either been out of town or just didn’t have anything worthy to contribute the last couple of weeks…is that why I don’t show up in the best averages anymore? I was third, dangit! 😥

Looks like the only solution is to enter more often.

Also:
    HOLY CRAP VERUCA HAS ALMOST 1000 MORE VOTES THAN ANYONE ELSE!!!

Curious
    Participant

thank the FSM i don’t worry about these things. between poor voting results an not entering every week lately i’m probably in the bottom 10%.

BUT i do have one (unexpected) win and a couple of seconds/thirds so i’m good.

and a lot more cat pictures to enter given the chance. 🙂

millera9
    Participant

Well my entries did terrible this week (probably deservedly so) so it’s gonna take me a while to build back up to being on either of the “averages” lists. Oh well.

/The lesson here is that I need to change my screenname to barbiehumper and work her in every week…
    //Right…?

schnee
    Participant

Ah yes….how does the FSM keep track of things.

This is the active farktographer filter. basically, you have to keep participating to stay in the standing. When I first did the “best averages” report, I did not factor in number of entries, and the best averages devolved into the one hit wonders. So I had to create a minimum entries criteria of sorts. The details elude me right now, but assume that your boobies contest was 20 contests ago. You need something like 10 or 20 total entries to get listed (I can’t remember the exact ratio). There is also a 10-entry minimum, just to ensure people have skin in the game.

The calculations ensure that only active participants are rewarded with listings. But, you can “bank” entries so that you can take a break. For example, since you can enter 3 per contest, and you only really need to enter 1 per to be listed, any extras buy you time-off. The calculations also mean that people will drop off the rankings as they stop participating, so that if Chaka stops participating, s/he will eventually drop off, giving the top spot to someone else.

The darker the shading in the ranks, the more active a farktog is. So the folks in white are in most jeopardy of being delisted.

Upshot? Veruca will be listed forever since she has a kagillion entries.

I really need to (a) put this in the FAQ and (b) expose the “activity level” in the farktographer portfolios. But you all know that I’ll never have time to do either.

Ottos_Jacket
    Participant

Ah, thank you schnee! I figured it was something like that (and I was answering my own question), but I felt like whining anyway… 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Why did I get booted from the best averages?’ is closed to new replies.