Wish me luck?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

I have an interview for a training position at my current employer Wed. 06/15 at 10am PDT. I’m qualified for the post, but nervous in that I haven’t been at the job nearly as long as some applicants.

//My application is strong this year. A condemnation from the mayor. That’s got to count for something.//

I keed. I was encouraged to apply by another shift’s supervisor (for whom I’ve worked OT). I was coached by my own sup’r, and briefed by my own trainer on what to expect/do/ask. All of which is encouraging. Else why would they bother?

So…I have guarded optimism.

Say a prayer for me (or whatever your equivalent may be.) The posting would mean a lot to me professionally; it’s what I’ve aspired to do (though I didn’t think the opportunity would present itself this quickly), I’d be good at it, I’d make a better living, and I’d be working daylight hours instead of night-of-the-living-dead shifts.

I want this. Please and thank you for any well-wishes, and I’ll let you know how things go.

You may continue drinking in my absence; I’ll join you on the flip side.

lokisbong
    Participant

Well I will keep my fingers crossed for ya. Good luck and all that.

Farktographer
    Participant

Good luck!

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I wish you luck man, I know what it’s like.
    /Applying for grad school is like interviewing for a promotion, right?

ennuipoet
    Participant

I just wanted to tell you both good luck, we’re all counting on you.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

No need for me, I’m already in. That’s why I’m moving to Hawaii in two months (two months from today, actually). I was just saying that I had gone through a similar process recently.

Gotta say, though, Rav, daylight is way overrated.

/It burns us, it BURNS us!

swampa
    Participant

I guess he picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue!

So have you got it yet??

ravnostic
    Participant

LOL.

//Surely, Plama isn’t so slow on the uptake that he missed it the second time. 😛

Kestrana
    Participant

Gotta say, though, Rav, daylight is way overrated.

/It burns us, it BURNS us!

In my case, quite literally!

chupathingie
    Participant

Good luck!

…and especially so with re-adjusting to working days. I spent 5 years on the vampire shift and it took a year before I wasn’t doing the narcoleptic faceplant on the desk by 11AM every day.

orionid
    Participant

Good luck!

…and especially so with re-adjusting to working days. I spent 5 years on the vampire shift and it took a year before I wasn’t doing the narcoleptic faceplant on the desk by 11AM every day.

I went from 10 hrs/5 days with every third calander day being a 24 hour duty shift (That SSN in front of a submarine hull designation really means “Saturdays, Sundays, and Nights” not “Silent Service / Nuclear”) for five and a half years (well, that’s during the 30% of the time that we weren’t at sea) into 10.5 hr seven-on, two-off rotating shifts for another 18 months. October of 2009 I shifted to < 8 hrs/5 days, and I still feel like I’m cheating the system. There are some days, when I find myself getting excited on Tuesday because there’s only four days left in the week, that I think shiftwork will never leave my blood.

ravnostic
    Participant

Should I get the position, it’s still 12 hour days; Every other Wed, then Thur-Fri-Sat. 6 minutes to interview time…

ravnostic
    Participant

I think I did well; of course, I don’t know all the other applicants or how they fared. Photography played a role in the interview; see the link in this forum for the cactus-climbing bobcat, and I described how I showed someone how to use curves in photography as an example of how I might train someone (they wanted something recent, and my aunt–who for cripes sakes has her work in galleries, doesn’t use curves!! I showed her how I use them while I was in Colorado.)

Plamadude30k
    Participant

LOL.

//Surely, Plama isn’t so slow on the uptake that he missed it the second time. 😛

Getting my username wrong again-it’s definitely not Shirley.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Good Luck!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Wish me luck?’ is closed to new replies.