World Pinhole Camera Day

Forums Forums News Articles and Info World Pinhole Camera Day

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant
    orionid
    Participant

Neat ideas there. As far as the actual day, that discussion’s from two years back. Here’s info about this year.

http://www.pinholeday.org/

olavf
    Participant

Cool. I’ll have to dust off my beer-can lenscap 🙂

orionid
    Participant

I nominate we do an un-official non-voting theme. Participate in the world-wide festivities, post your best/favorites in the gallery. Discussion-arity ensues?

olavf
    Participant

I’d be down for that.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Not something I’d likely do myself, but I’d surely like to see everyone’s results.

olavf
    Participant

Not something I’d likely do myself, but I’d surely like to see everyone’s results.

You should try it – it’s fun! I converted a body cap to make mine, and used a piece of beer can and copious amounts of electrical tape to make the pinhole. I’ll get some links up this evening.

lokisbong
    Participant

This is a project I have wanted to try. I wish I had a camera store around here and a few bucks to spare. I accidentally busted my body cap and now don’t have one to try this with. No money means I don’t even have the means to make an old fashioned film version out of a oatmeal container or something like that.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

You should try it – it’s fun! I converted a body cap to make mine, and used a piece of beer can and copious amounts of electrical tape to make the pinhole. I’ll get some links up this evening.

Your comment and loki‘s just made me realize that you’re talking about using a digital back. Weird to say, but that never occurred to me.

I’d always just associated pin-hole with film and with the turnaround time to get it developed between tweeks to the apparatus it sounded like a time-consuming process.

But with a digital back, that’d be something I might be able to squeeze in some time to try. I wonder if my local shop carries a cheap body cap…

orionid
    Participant

Body Caps

Covers are cheap. I ordered 5 or 6 off-brand a while back because a) I lose them, and b) they make a great mount for homebrew lenses. 15 Seconds with a dremel (or 5 minutes with an exacto knife)and you can even make it lock onto the body.

Edited because BBCode can’t read a complex URL.
    Edited Twice because you’re just going to have to copy and paste the damn thing…

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ns=p_PRICE_2|0&ci=416&N=4288586873
    lokisbong
    Participant

Body Caps

Covers are cheap. I ordered 5 or 6 off-brand a while back because a) I lose them, and b) they make a great mount for homebrew lenses. 15 Seconds with a dremel (or 5 minutes with an exacto knife)and you can even make it lock onto the body.

Edited Twice because you’re just going to have to copy and paste the damn thing…

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ns=p_PRICE_2|0&ci=416&N=4288586873

Yeah I knew they are pretty inexpensive but until I get a job and some form of plastic money I cannot order anything off the internet. I have a very limited amount of cash and nowhere nearby to purchase such things.

olavf
    Participant

Your comment and loki‘s just made me realize that you’re talking about using a digital back. Weird to say, but that never occurred to me.

I’d always just associated pin-hole with film and with the turnaround time to get it developed between tweeks to the apparatus it sounded like a time-consuming process.

But with a digital back, that’d be something I might be able to squeeze in some time to try. I wonder if my local shop carries a cheap body cap…

Pretty much.

Last time, I didn’t put enough tape on the inside (covering the aluminum) though. Easy fix though.

lokisbong, what kind of camera do you have?

lokisbong
    Participant

Canon EOS Rebel XS

Curious
    Participant

ennuipoet looks like we found the answer to the blank posts from the other day.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m convinced. I ordered 5 knock-off brand body caps for a buck apiece, plus $3 and change in shipping. I’m in.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘World Pinhole Camera Day’ is closed to new replies.