WTF?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

Before Christmas I bid on a lot of large format flash equipment on Ebay, there were some flashguns that looked promising and brackets that I knew I could use. It arrived today:

As you can see, this is a LOT of stuff. But the gem I think is the flash on top left side of the table. It is a Nikon BCB Flashgun, and from what I can tell most if not all of it’s accessories are here as well. I am finding listing for similar items on Christie’s of all places (none on Ebay) for $200-300 in similar conditions without accessories.

I paid 20 bucks for the auction, plus fifteen to ship.

I am going to try and research everything I have here, I suspect a lot of it is junk (probably most of it) but the Nikon flash made it worth the while.

Of course, as I shoot Canon it is worthless to me. Orionid want to make an offer to go with your Crown 😀 ?

ETA: Here is a link (I finally found one) to the flash, the one I have has an extension tube to convert it from a two to three cell handle.
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonf3ver2/flash/sb1tosb21/index.htm

sleeping
    Participant

I don’t remember which ones specifically, but several of the graflex-type battery holders are mostly sought after by people making lightsaber props rather than photographers.

ennuipoet
    Participant

The Graflite three cell was the original prop for the movie. I will likely end up putting the bulk of them on Ebay for that purpose.

sleeping
    Participant

Yeah, the 3 cell graflex is the one that one was used for Luke’s, but I think some of the others like Vader’s used different models (quick trip to google suggests it was a mpp microflash…)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘WTF?’ is closed to new replies.