02-22-12 – Noir: Embrace Your Dark Side

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-22-12 – Noir: Embrace Your Dark Side

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

Re: Topaz Adjust

I love the Topaz “Look” in photos, but the thing is, you can always tell they are Topazed. Nothing in nature or software looks similar (I suppose heavy make up might do the trick) to a shot manipulated with Topaz.

Everyone knows that I am in favor of loosening the rules in what we can do with software for Farktography, but since the rules are in place I have to pitch my two cents in with the anti-Topaz vote.

Which sucks, because those two shots are perhaps the best posted so far!

sleeping
    Participant

you can always tell they are Topazed. Nothing in nature or software looks similar

Oh, you can do that with photoshop too (people were doing it before topaz existed) it was just a *lot* more work…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Re: Topaz Adjust

I love the Topaz “Look” in photos, but the thing is, you can always tell they are Topazed. Nothing in nature or software looks similar (I suppose heavy make up might do the trick) to a shot manipulated with Topaz.

Everyone knows that I am in favor of loosening the rules in what we can do with software for Farktography, but since the rules are in place I have to pitch my two cents in with the anti-Topaz vote.

Which sucks, because those two shots are perhaps the best posted so far!

They are excellent photos. I also think they’d be excellent photos without being so processed. They’d be fine for resubmission to the thread if the processing were toned down.

orionid
    Participant

you can always tell they are Topazed. Nothing in nature or software looks similar

Oh, you can do that with photoshop too (people were doing it before topaz existed) it was just a *lot* more work…

Fact.

Also, I really hate to say it because I do love the photo, but the more I look at it, the more I think U-Man’s first one is also too much topaz.

Edit to add:
    I just PM’d U-Man of FB. I know he’s traveling this week, so he’s probably not hanging over a computer, but I can hope his FB messages go to his phone.

cameraflage
    Participant

An hour spent looking for a negative in the deep, dark, gold-lined Brilla Nucleonics Archive of Images…no luck.
    Half an hour spent leafing through photo albums, trying to find the original print. Success!
    Image scanned, sized and shot up to Photobucket, then loaded up to Fark. Yeeha, we’re cookin’ now!
    Realization that I’m a week early for the theme. FAIL.

U-Man
    Participant

You guys know me. Post-processing is part of my creative fun. I love it and frequently have hold back for these themes.

This processing was done in Topaz and Photoshop. I’m really quite happy with the result but if it the consensus is that they are too processed just pull them. Or, if there is a way to, please keep them up but just turn off voting.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’ll be a good one for next week, though!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You guys know me. Post-processing is part of my creative fun. I love it and frequently have hold back for these themes.

This processing was done in Topaz and Photoshop. I’m really quite happy with the result but if it the consensus is that they are too processed just pull them. Or, if there is a way to, please keep them up but just turn off voting.

They can stay up without voting, but you’re also welcome to resubmit less processed versions. I think the photos speak for themselves without being processed to that degree, and they would almost certainly do well.

orionid
    Participant

An hour spent looking for a negative in the deep, dark, gold-lined Brilla Nucleonics Archive of Images…no luck.
    Half an hour spent leafing through photo albums, trying to find the original print. Success!
    Image scanned, sized and shot up to Photobucket, then loaded up to Fark. Yeeha, we’re cookin’ now!

AND you have a week to shoot more.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I’m going to miss for the first time in almost 4 years. I had a ton of ideas for this but life kind of took a dump on me this week and my desire to shoot went out the window. Maybe I’ll take a stroll through the archives and see if I can find something.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Damn, NoBigDeal, that sucks 🙁

nobigdeal
    Participant

Damn, NoBigDeal, that sucks 🙁

I dug up a few. 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Good deal 😉

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Wow, I completely forgot it was Wednesday. I suppose that even if I had remembered, I wouldn’t have been able to do anything this week (or the last few weeks, for that matter). The work hammer has come down, and unfortunately it doesn’t look to be letting up within the next few weeks.

Yoyo
    Participant

I didn’t have anything this morning. The chess players outside the student union building were a happy encounter when I went to check my mail. I can see that I’m not the only one with a gun on the table theme either, but I must say that I didn’t peek at anyone else’s before setting up mine.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 141 total)
  • The topic ‘02-22-12 – Noir: Embrace Your Dark Side’ is closed to new replies.