02-22-12 – Noir: Embrace Your Dark Side

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-22-12 – Noir: Embrace Your Dark Side

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Els, I specifically account for those kinds of things. bastian_74 got an unvote just prior to being pulled, but once pulled/unenvotenated, entries aren’t considered in the unvote check. The 3 unvotes that happened yesterday were:

User=Mopsy, ContestID=355, EntryID=75136445, ScanID=3014522, Time=2012-02-23 20:30:00, Votes=13, Place=5
    User=Mopsy, ContestID=355, EntryID=75136445, ScanID=3014609, Time=2012-02-23 20:44:59, Votes=12, Place=6

User=Mopsy, ContestID=355, EntryID=75136519, ScanID=3014521, Time=2012-02-23 20:30:00, Votes=14, Place=4
    User=Mopsy, ContestID=355, EntryID=75136519, ScanID=3014606, Time=2012-02-23 20:44:59, Votes=13, Place=4

User=Mopsy, ContestID=355, EntryID=75136605, ScanID=3014528, Time=2012-02-23 20:30:00, Votes=11, Place=8
    User=Mopsy, ContestID=355, EntryID=75136605, ScanID=3014614, Time=2012-02-23 20:44:59, Votes=10, Place=11

Yeah, I can’t imagine who or why, but assuming this isn’t all some glitch Fark-side, someone had it out for Mopsy, I guess. Sorry, Mopsy. 🙁

Ok, glad to know I’m not mucking things up in the process, but that sucks for Mopsy 🙁

mopsy
    Participant

Okay, I just got home. How do you unvote? Are you saying I should have more votes or that the votes I have don’t count or what?

lokisbong
    Participant

Okay, I just got home. How do you unvote? Are you saying I should have more votes or that the votes I have don’t count or what?

Some one Voted for your pictures and later took back their votes. The votes you still have do count just fine.

mopsy
    Participant

Did this happen to anyone else? Maybe the person did not realize what they were doing. I think this is weird.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Did this happen to anyone else? Maybe the person did not realize what they were doing. I think this is weird.

This has been a running discussion since it was discovered a couple of weeks ago. Apparently I got unvoted from 3rd to 5th one week, and others have suffered in previous weeks as well. For the moment, it looks like you’re the only one to have this happen this week.

It’s an obvious flaw in the current voting system, and one that needs to be fixed (by returning to the old system).

I think the reason it’s possible is that the programmers wanted people to be able to peruse the thread at their leisure voting and unvoting… I don’t think they realized people would go back hours/days later and unvote. There needs to be some sort of control, or it needs to be replaced.

That said – it’s not like there’s fabulous prizes… but I’m still crossing my fingers over this week’s voting. Looks good so far (finally).

fluffybunny
    Participant

That said – it’s not like there’s fabulous prizes…

There’s not? I’ve been hanging on to the hope that at some point there would be an awards show and I could wear my tux and walk the red carpet and thank my producer and, and, and you were there, and you were there,…

Seriously, grats Yugo. Looks like you are 5X5 this week.

orionid
    Participant

There’s not? I’ve been hanging on to the hope that at some point there would be an awards show and I could wear my tux and walk the red carpet and thank my producer and, and, and you were there, and you were there,…

Well, there is. You’re hosting it, just let us know the details.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Well, there is. You’re hosting it, just let us know the details.

The only detail I am aware of is beer, after that I think the duds, carpet and speeches will follow naturally.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I have a feeling the unvote issue has a lot to with the fact that after you click the vote button, the “vote” link does not change to a color that is much different from the unclicked link. I know that I have gone back to vote later in the week and have accidentally unvoted for some entries… just a thought.

mopsy
    Participant

I have a feeling the unvote issue has a lot to with the fact that after you click the vote button, the “vote” link does not change to a color that is much different from the unclicked link. I know that I have gone back to vote later in the week and have accidentally unvoted for some entries… just a thought.

I agree. I just came on to say the same thing. My monitor turns to a very, pale pink when I vote for a pic. On my laptop it is even a lighter color. I always vote as soon as possible because weather affects if I get a signal. Then later in the week, I may go back and vote again because there are always late entries. I wonder if I don’t do the same thing that NoBigDeal does. I liked the old system that actually said, “you have already voted for this pic.” If we can’t go back, can they make the vote button a darker or brighter color when voted on?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hm that color issue would be excellent feedback. Having a more obvious color change or something else to indicate more clearly that you’ve voted might be the ticket.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to kestrana on the “Best” category win and to fluffybunny on the “Funniest” category win this week!

fluffybunny
    Participant

Thanks Els.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats to kestrana on the individual win and to Mopsy and orionid on the combined win. The Weekly Reports post has been updated with the latest stats.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Congrats to kestrana on the individual win and to Mopsy and orionid on the combined win. The Weekly Reports post has been updated with the latest stats.

So close…

Congrats guys!

Thought I had it this week (finally)… it’s GOING to happen for me one of these days… it’s GOT to…

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 141 total)
  • The topic ‘02-22-12 – Noir: Embrace Your Dark Side’ is closed to new replies.