08-04-10 – Farktography Classic: Trees 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-04-10 – Farktography Classic: Trees 2

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Time to complain….

Get ’em, Killer!

U-Man
    Participant

Time to complain….

Get ’em, Killer!

*cringes*

/they should be glad that justkat has her own server 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Bloating the file sizes like that makes no damn sense…what makes even less sense is that apparently the original photo says it’s 119k, but the “large” is 180k. And Fark was rejecting the original.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wow, it gets better. The “medium 640” version is 223k. W…T…F

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah I had problems with my 640 versions on all, had to go resize them multiple times in Lightroom before fark accepted them, then had the 2nd image reject even though I tested it in scratchpad, and I ended up just using the 500 pixel version and saying fuck it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hell, even my medium 500 version is 148k. I’ve posted it on their bug forum, but somehow I think they’ll consider it a “feature”

monsieurstabby
    Participant

Since we can’t title or describe our photos, I was wondering- is it okay to comment on or ask about another person’s photo?

ravnostic
    Participant

orionidwrote “…and then I took that shot and went “ooohhh….””

Yeah, I went that way, too. Sierra Mist, soda, beer, whatever. Nice shot regardless.

U-Man
    Participant

If anybody want me to host their pics for a while I’d be happy to.

orionid
    Participant

If anybody want me to host their pics for a while I’d be happy to.

Likewise.

linguine
    Participant

Flickrs working fine for me, Im guessing they decided they had to be nice to me after how long it took for them to let me re-up my pro account earlier this summer.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s working fine for me for the moment. But what’s odd is that I tested that 3rd photo with the original size image at 119k–that’s still in the scratchpad even. The only thing I changed to post in the thread was to make it pop, but suddenly it was grabbing the “large” size image at 180k. Just gonna have to make sure what it’s posting is original files that I know the size on…

millera9
    Participant

Argh. I am apparently rusty at this. Elsinore, could you please enable voting on all three of my entries?

/TRIPLE FAIL!

Actually, Miller, I need you to repost all three–the message to click for bigger needs to be just a simple “click for bigger” message this week.

Otherwise all entries should have voting now.

Ok, got mine back in there with shorter titles. Not that anyone cares, but I did read the contest description; I just thought they were non-descriptive and generic enough that no one would care. *sigh*

Edit: And I didn’t bother to read this thread first. I am mega-failing tonight.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up Elsinore!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Cool, thanks, millera9–good to see you, man!! And your photos rock!

andyofne
    Participant

I don’t see a link to this contest on the main page of farktography…

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 140 total)
  • The topic ‘08-04-10 – Farktography Classic: Trees 2’ is closed to new replies.