08-04-10 – Farktography Classic: Trees 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-04-10 – Farktography Classic: Trees 2

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

My $0.02 –

I like titles and short captions.
    640 px wide is too small to really show off a photo. If a photo is good enough, it should be able to stand up to the larger size challenge.
    I have no problem with no captions this week.
    A ‘Click for larger’ is not a caption. It is an option.
    Part of film photography art was/is developing. Part of digital photography art is post-processing.
    Like Olavf, I really like the serious, technical, good-eye photography mixed with goofiness and a touch of vote-whoring that is farktography.

As stated, this is opinion. Not fact. 😉

orionid
    Participant

Well, it’s a fact that the above list is what you like ;D

ravnostic
    Participant

My go-around for the ‘no caption’ is naming the image file with it’s ‘title’. If someone is that interested, it’s not hard to find out what I was going for. Elsewise, I conform to this week’s rules (though I agree with U-Man on several points otherwise.) And anyone can always ask someone for the full-sized version, if they really wanted it. It’s my hosting site data experience that tells me the big files get a small fraction of the overall views anyway (pylon posted on fark: 5300. Pylon large sized: 52.)

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Soooooo, for those of us that are easily confused by shiny objects, what are the rules this week?

I’m happy to follow any model this time (or any time) but I can’t tell what it is from reading the comments posted. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No title or description for entries in the thread. If you have a larger size you want to link to, use a simple “Click for bigger” or “Bigger here” type comment, nothing long and drawn out about how much zomgawesomer your photo is if someone will only pretty please with beer and boobies on top click on it.

I don’t think the possibility of title/description at photo hosting sites is going to sway things enough to worry about.

U-Man
    Participant

But if someone puts boobies on top, I’ll click on it. I’ll probably vote for it too.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well sure 😀 Of course, it should have a tree somewhere in the picture or it’ll get DQ’d 😉

orionid
    Participant

Mmm….. Boobies…. *click*

*click* …… *click* … *click* *click* .. *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* …… *CLICK*

/needs cigarette

monsieurstabby
    Participant

If you have a larger size you want to link to, use a simple “Click for bigger” or “Bigger here” type comment, nothing long and drawn out about how much zomgawesomer your photo is if someone will only pretty please with beer and boobies on top click on it.

Oh, good. One of my photos’ main focus is something I was worried people wouldn’t notice in just a small version. I’ve cropped the photo a bit, but hopefully they’ll like it enough to click for bigger still.

U-Man
    Participant

click = fap ?

orionid
    Participant

Nah….. just repeatedly opening the boobies so they look like they’re bouncing.

But while we’re on the subject, and since there’s no way I can use this in the theme without a description, here’s an old fifth-grade joke.

What’s this?

(Click for answer)

U-Man
    Participant

What’s this?

That was funny in 5th grade. Sort of. Still is. Sort of.

ravnostic
    Participant

My but that ‘tree’ has an awefully large…adam’s apple. Something you’re not telling us, perhaps?

powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

Question on size limits, why when all my pics are listed as 500 x 375 is one refused as too big? I’m going to put it in as small.

Now that I’ve read the whole thread, I’m going to play with Irfan View. Thanks for the info Ravnostic.

powerfulkatrinka
    Participant

PS I don’t know how to click for bigger. I use flickers HTML but it doesn’t seem to link.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)
  • The topic ‘08-04-10 – Farktography Classic: Trees 2’ is closed to new replies.