08-04-10 – Farktography Classic: Trees 2

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 08-04-10 – Farktography Classic: Trees 2

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant

Got caradoc‘s envotinated and linguine‘s and andyofne‘s restored.

Thanks, Elsinore.

andyofne
    Participant

Got caradoc‘s envotinated and linguine‘s and andyofne‘s restored. FWIW, there have been a big spat of Flickr issues the last several weeks, and it’s affected a lot of people, including me. What I’m hoping is that it was mostly this transition to their new photo page and that things will improve now that they’ve switched over officially.

Thanks.

Seems to me that this is a repeated theme though. I remember the same thing happened a couple years ago with flickr.

Anyone use picasa web albums? I can do that, too.

I also have private hosting but it’s less convenient for linking.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ve found that often fark denies the bigguns pics if I just link to the pic url. Creating an html page with the picture in it has resolved that issue nicely. Templating my entries helps, too.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

There’s a whole bunch I would have liked to vote for but voting wasn’t enabled, like Choc-Fil-A’s 3rd picture

Got that one envotinated. Any others that I’m missing?

linguine
    Participant

Got caradoc‘s envotinated and linguine‘s and andyofne‘s restored. FWIW, there have been a big spat of Flickr issues the last several weeks, and it’s affected a lot of people, including me. What I’m hoping is that it was mostly this transition to their new photo page and that things will improve now that they’ve switched over officially.

Thanks. I’d say give flickr a chance to try to get things settled down. I’ve been using flickr for about 4 years now and these past couple weeks is the first time I’ve had trouble with it dropping images.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

There’s a whole bunch I would have liked to vote for but voting wasn’t enabled, like Choc-Fil-A’s 3rd picture

Ugh, that was a mistake! Can I get a vote enabled tweak please?

PS – Thanks for the compliment, it’s even better than a vote!

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Ugh, that was a mistake! Can I get a vote enabled tweak please?

PS – Thanks for the compliment, it’s even better than a vote!

Hmmm… Things are odd in the InterTubes today, it shows as vote enabled for me now.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Got that one envotinated. Any others that I’m missing?

OK, three posts in a row from me means I’m having “one of those days”. Thanks for fixing my goof Elsinore! I’m going to walk away from the keyboard slowly now… 🙂

zincprincess
    Participant

Elsinore – I just realized that one of mine did not get voting enabled. Can you fix that?

justkat
    Participant

I don’t find it to be so. Maybe you have a more difficult set-up.

It would be literally impossible if I was trying to post a newly downloaded picture when I wasn’t home, until we get the VNS (I think those are the right letters – the thing that will let us access our network from elsewhere) figured out. But if I’m home it’s not any more difficult than using a web host. I do have a bukket if I am overwhelmed by the urge to post something I just downloaded when I’m out. But I think that’s only happened once. 😛 If I’ve already put it in the right folder (through our network) at home, I can still nab and post it from elsewhere.

Did that paragraph make any sense? I’m sure I could have been more succinct…. 😉

Hm.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore – I just realized that one of mine did not get voting enabled. Can you fix that?

Yep got it

ravnostic
    Participant

I don’t find it to be so. Maybe you have a more difficult set-up.

It would be literally impossible if I was trying to post a newly downloaded picture when I wasn’t home, until we get the VNS (I think those are the right letters – the thing that will let us access our network from elsewhere) figured out. But if I’m home it’s not any more difficult than using a web host. I do have a bukket if I am overwhelmed by the urge to post something I just downloaded when I’m out. But I think that’s only happened once. 😛 If I’ve already put it in the right folder (through our network) at home, I can still nab and post it from elsewhere.

Did that paragraph make any sense? I’m sure I could have been more succinct…. 😉

Hm.

Is your server at home or remote (ala godaddy et al)? Either way, if it’s windows based, it should have an IP address, and you ought to be able to FTP into it using Explorer, Mozilla, and several other browsers. Not as nifty as Filezilla, but gets the job done in a pinch.

justkat
    Participant

Is your server at home or remote (ala godaddy et al)? Either way, if it’s windows based, it should have an IP address, and you ought to be able to FTP into it using Explorer, Mozilla, and several other browsers. Not as nifty as Filezilla, but gets the job done in a pinch.

VPN!!! Those are the right letters, lol. Anyhow, that’s the direction we’re looking into, rather than an FTP set up. Our server is at home, and currently it’s not set up with an FTP server. 😉 Also and anyhow, it’s a linux based server, though as far as me as a user, I don’t have to know linux, I do my thing on my Vista laptop and let Olav tinker around with the server. 🙂

It’s okay, as I said, the “problem” rarely comes up. But I always appreciate it when someone tries to help. 🙂

justkat
    Participant

On another note, Freaking voters, man. I thought this was going to be a bad week for me, but it’s going to be the best week in almost half a year (if you don’t count Macro Bugs, which I expected to do reasonably well at, considering that it’s my thang lol). I’m not complaining, exactly, just saying… 😉

olavf
    Participant

ravnostic. the short answer is either an OpenVPN install on one of the servers, or replacing the wireless router with one that has the capability and putting that in in parallel with the main server. I haven’t decided yet.
    /either way, I want to split the main server traffic from our personal internet traffic, and I have two tubes, so…

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 140 total)
  • The topic ‘08-04-10 – Farktography Classic: Trees 2’ is closed to new replies.