3-27-13 – The Onion on Your Belt

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 3-27-13 – The Onion on Your Belt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us your anachronisms, your outdated tech, your antiques, your junk people see and know you’re old.

Four score and 3 days ago, Ennuipoet brought forth upon this contest a new theme.

Yugoboy
    Participant

So do the things we shoot have to be ours, or do old buildings and/or cars work as well?

It’s not like we don’t have antiques, I just have to decide what to shoot and how… access to my archives would give me more flexibility.

ennuipoet
    Participant

So do the things we shoot have to be ours, or do old buildings and/or cars work as well?

It’s not like we don’t have antiques, I just have to decide what to shoot and how… access to my archives would give me more flexibility.

The way I envisioned it is you should own or use the object, or at least have use of it regularly. Old cars fit, buildings not so much, unless it was like a workshop or something along those lines.

Yugoboy
    Participant

The way I envisioned it is you should own or use the object, or at least have use of it regularly. Old cars fit, buildings not so much, unless it was like a workshop or something along those lines.

OK. Thanx. Now at least I’ve got a direction to go in.

orionid
    Participant

Oh, man. I have so much old crap and no time to shoot it. :/

fluffybunny
    Participant

I feel your pain man, missed the last two contests. I may make a concerted effort to enter this one though.

Curious
    Participant

you have some of my old crap 🙂 guess using the pictures i have of it would be wrong.

just got done shooting three of my old crap. we’ll see how the pictures turned out in a while. i’m sure some of you have 5.25 floppies and 100mb zip floppies and would do better photos. so don’t.

Curious
    Participant

i’m ok with what i shot. not knocked out but ok. and i have time if the spirit moves me to shoot some more later.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Welcome to my tonight. I have 1 archive shot (I have to see if I used it already), and 2 items sitting on my dining table waiting for me to get home. Tonight’s the only time I’ll have.

I doubt I’ll have much competition for using these babies 😉

FWIW I finally got around to spending the gift certificate from my parents. Although the store they got it from has few items I could get for under $100, I added about $20 to it and for a flash bracket from Stroboframe and a flash extension cord. Gonna see how well they work with these items tonight. I’ve still got my other lights if I need to use ’em. Just have to hope I don’t run out of energy… only got about 12 hours sleep this weekend.

ravnostic
    Participant

I have objects but not ideas, but I just thought of some, so maybe we’ll do okay! (Here’s hoping; I was just going to skip this one, but then….maybe).

bender16v
    Participant

I’ll dig through my archive, but I don’t think that I have anything. I’ve been in Texas for work for the past week+ and didn’t think ahead about this one before I left. If I can miraculously get home in time I’ll try to come up with some old stuff, of which I have too much. I’d like to dig the ’79 Scirocco from the garage for this one, but I know that’s not possible. My wife would say that it fits “your junk people see and know you’re old” perfectly.

lokisbong
    Participant

So does replica old stuff count? I have a replica Remington cap n ball pistol but it is no where near old. Looks pretty old but it is only around 5 years old.

ennuipoet
    Participant

So does replica old stuff count? I have a replica Remington cap n ball pistol but it is no where near old. Looks pretty old but it is only around 5 years old.

Yup, besides if you don’t mention it whose going to know? Unless of course this guy calls in a buddy who knows a lot about things like that:

lokisbong
    Participant

Cool.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I just wanted to say to people archive diving that you don’t need to personally own the thing, but you should be able to USE the thing. If you have access to a Apple IIE and could, theoretically use it, it fits. An Apple IIE in a museum , not so much. Have a friend with an old fashioned crank phone, yes, old fashioned crank phone in a store window, not so much. Also, HOW you do things is viable, if you like to use a telegraph to send your birthday greetings, then that is good for this theme. Old toys, out of date fashions, outdated video games, a cellphone without a camera 🙂

(which I thought I had but apparently threw away) if it’s available to you and outdated, it most likely fits.

Hopes this opens up some archive shots for folks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘3-27-13 – The Onion on Your Belt’ is closed to new replies.