7-24-13 – Ugly Buildings

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 7-24-13 – Ugly Buildings

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    fluffybunny
    Participant

I’ve seen my Canon 10-22 produce blues in the sky like that before. It does seem a little over the top but the shadows appear fairly unadulterated to me.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

If this isn’t HDR, I’ll eat my ND filter: http://www.fark.com/comments/7849372/85558790#c85558790

Looks it to me, too, but asking to give them a chance to explain if it isn’t.

orionid
    Participant

If this isn’t HDR, I’ll eat my ND filter: http://www.fark.com/comments/7849372/85558790#c85558790

Looks it to me, too, but asking to give them a chance to explain if it isn’t.

It looks like light tonemapping as a minimum, given the gradient across a flat wall facing high sun, especially given that the gradient is based on contrast with adjacent edges. That said, a lot of legal detail/contrast filters that make smart calculations (Even Adobe Camera Raw) does this, too. There’s also no visible haloing at screen resolution. I’d almost be willing to say that unless he specifically says it’s HDR, it’s not terribly overt and the same could have been achieved with legal filters and a contrast/saturation/vibrance bump so leave it be.

I also don’t have a pony in this race so I may be too impartial.

bender16v
    Participant

I fooled around a bit and it seems that the red and blue color saturations have just been jacked up really high. Cranking those down made it look pretty normal. It may still fall outside the guidelines of making a photo look cartoon-ish, but I’ve probably done that too at some point. I’m mostly surprised that he/she found such a clear sky in Cleveland.

ravnostic
    Participant

So just checking, but it seems I don’t have a pony in this race either. Too late now, I suppose; but I did have some I was going to look through for processing potential. But I broke my Femur/hip Monday, and am currently on high levels of Vicadin-like pills; I don’t trust my processing skills right now.

Maybe next week I’ll be more mended and less medicated.

fluffybunny
    Participant

So just checking, but it seems I don’t have a pony in this race either. Too late now, I suppose; but I did have some I was going to look through for processing potential. But I broke my Femur/hip Monday, and am currently on high levels of Vicadin-like pills; I don’t trust my processing skills right now.

Maybe next week I’ll be more mended and less medicated.

Good God man! I’m sorry to hear that. How’d it happen?

Yugoboy
    Participant

Ouch! Get that femur/hip fixxored soon! Those are some super-solid bones you broke… should I ask how it happened?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

That’s terrible news, rav. I’ve heard nothing but that those bones are quite nasty to break (not that any breaks are a joy, but those in particular are said to be exceptionally troublesome). Best wishes for a speedy, full, uncomplicated, and as painless-as-possible recovery!

staplermofo
    Participant

Sorry to hear that rav. Do you have someone helping you, sorting out which bones are broken and which pills you’re taking? They’re important thinsg to have figured out.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Ouch! Get that femur/hip fixxored soon! Those are some super-solid bones you broke… should I ask how it happened?

No matter what he says, this is the REAL answer

http://youtu.be/8IlwMnM_n38

Barracuda
    Participant

rav, heal up amigo.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ve been hospitalized. I’ve got meds. I’ve got titanium in me (the TSA will love me long time). I’ll post something on the forums at some point. I have my laptop, and plenty of pictures, but the meds aren’t condusive to editing decisions; everything doesn’t look right, one way or another.

I did poop finally. Apparently, this is a big deal after surgery as I keep getting congratulated.

Barracuda
    Participant

I’ve got titanium in me (the TSA will love me long time).

Sailed through TSA security after the pin was put in my shoulder from my collarbone break. Unless you’re nearing on robocop levels of metal, you shouldn’t get bothered too much.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’ve got titanium in me (the TSA will love me long time).

Sailed through TSA security after the pin was put in my shoulder from my collarbone break. Unless you’re nearing on robocop levels of metal, you shouldn’t get bothered too much.

Depends on the airport. Some are pretty decent (they’re also the ones that contract differently, like my hometown one), while others are fully clothed orgies with only a few participants willing (JFK to name one).

staplermofo
    Participant

Let me be the first.
    Hey, is that a titanium rod in your pelvis or are you just glad to see me?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘7-24-13 – Ugly Buildings’ is closed to new replies.