01-20-10 – Sunrise…Sunset…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-20-10 – Sunrise…Sunset…

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

Holy shit………………………

Indeed.

justkat
    Participant

Always 😉

Here’s my B side…prolly should have submitted it instead of tequila sunrise, but I wanted something funny:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/4283423155/

Naw, I think you made the right choice. Now we’ll see if the rest of the voting community thinks so too…

/’course I don’t vote until Saturday, so you’ll have to wait a few days for my vote…. 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lulz!

U-Man
    Participant

I’m home now. Quick story. We are having a lovely freezing rain here in Central Illinois. (I would really like to call in ‘sick’ tomorrow, but that ain’t going to happen). Anyway, while driving home in the rain, I came up over a hill and there was a cop with his blue lights on about 1/4 mile away. I can’t explain the physics, but that blue light was beautifully reflected by the wet road all the way back to me. It was raining pretty hard (at 32 F) but I said, “what-the-hell” and pulled into a parking lot across the street. I got out my camera and tripod and threw an old shirt over the whole thing. I slip-slided my way across the frozen parking lot and three lanes of road.

The blue lights were really, super cool.

Just as I pulled the first tripod leg out, the cop turned off his lights and drove away. I smiled a wet crooked smile and got back in my car. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I thin it’ll end up being markie_farkie vs soosh. Deathmatch!@

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Just as I pulled the first tripod leg out, the cop turned off his lights and drove away. I smiled a wet crooked smile and got back in my car. 🙂

Story of my life…

justkat
    Participant

I’m home now. Quick story. We are having a lovely freezing rain here in Central Illinois. (I would really like to call in ‘sick’ tomorrow, but that ain’t going to happen). Anyway, while driving home in the rain, I came up over a hill and there was a cop with his blue lights on about 1/4 mile away. I can’t explain the physics, but that blue light was beautifully reflected by the wet road all the way back to me. It was raining pretty hard (at 32 F) but I said, “what-the-hell” and pulled into a parking lot across the street. I got out my camera and tripod and threw an old shirt over the whole thing. I slip-slided my way across the frozen parking lot and three lanes of road.

Taking a page from our local birds… except that in that case he would have waited until you got the tripod set up and the shot framed. THEN he would have left. 😛

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

There are a lot of beautiful, very powerful, photos in tonight’s contest! Scrolling down the screen in the FSM as the thumnails roll by is a like a rush of saturated color overload… I feel like I need sunglasses. 🙂

Here’s a couple b-sides if you need more creepy wildfire damaged sky shots.

Pond in Palo Alto at a wildlife preserve/park

Stand of tall grass at the same spot in Palo Alto

Sunset over the Pacific at Half Moon Bay

orionid
    Participant

Man I’d love to drink with you guys. What a riot that would be.

Hellooooooo…. Farktography party. This is what we’ve been saying. Plus excessive camera geekery.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

re: soosh‘s panorama – doooooood. Amazing.

Hellooooooo…. Farktography party. This is what we’ve been saying. Plus excessive camera geekery.

Came to say that as soon as I saw her post. Did we ever get anywere with that? Sorry haven’t been around much lately 🙁

I thin it’ll end up being markie_farkie vs soosh. Deathmatch!@

Hey hey… not so fast! Very early still. And kudos to pretty much everybody this week. Gorgeous stuff.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, but I voted midwest, cause I can’t swing the time or money for PNW. But I suspect there will be other Farktography parties, and I look forward to going at some point!

Hey hey… not so fast! Very early still. And kudos to pretty much everybody this week. Gorgeous stuff.

Yeah at the time I posted that I was 1) drunk and 2) soosh and markie_farkie had shot up very quickly in the voting. But good on you for elbowing your way in there, too–it’s a gorgeous photo!

thepostess
    Participant

As much as I’d love to go to the PNW, I don’t see that as an option.

N502KW
    Participant

Hi guys,

This is my first time posting to a farktography contest. I posted both of my images late last night then went to bed after looking at the other images all more beautiful than the next. I didn’t think my two had any chance of catching someone’s attention compared to the others so I was really surprized this morning when I checked the voting results. I didn’t think either of my shots would get one vote, let alone shoot up as high as they have. Thanks to everyone who voted for me, it means alot.

How do you post an image to pop larger in another window so I’ll have that figured out for next time?

KW

justkat
    Participant

Hi guys,

How do you post an image to pop larger in another window so I’ll have that figured out for next time?

KW

Hi and welcome!

Put in your image link then select it and click the button below. I use farkit, but I believe that’s how it’s supposed to work using Fark’s built-in features.

You can practice/try it out on the scratch pad http://www.fark.com/cgi/comments.pl?IDLink=69 . I hope that helps!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Welcome, N502KW! Kat’s got ya covered on posting stuff, but great first showing!

Also, dammit, I *knew* that frozen lake shot was jinxed 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 150 total)
  • The topic ‘01-20-10 – Sunrise…Sunset…’ is closed to new replies.