01-20-10 – Sunrise…Sunset…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-20-10 – Sunrise…Sunset…

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Okay, so I’m not drinking, but I’m not sober either, I’ll fess up. hahaha!

ha, nice!

Haven’t had any of that since college. time for more wine, prolly finish this bottle.

soosh
    Participant

my all-time favorite sunset photo was something I’ve already used, so I couldn’t use it this week:

and two that I was going to use tonight but didn’t fall under the guidelines

justkat
    Participant

Yes, I missed that it was a Fark thread quote and not a farktography.net quote.

And yes, I’m really fucking fun when I’m drunk. I love you all.

kat; how the HELL did you get that shot?!

Up in clear_prop‘s plane. Well, not HIS, he just rents planes and flies them when he feels like it or needs to log hours. A couple times he’s come by Sac and picked us up to go have lunch somewhere random. The sunset from the air shot I used in the contest was from the same flight, but I chose not to use the one I linked here because Olav was using one from the same flight with the wing in it. 😉 Also John (clear_prop) said HE might use a similar one not from the same flight but from the same aircraft. I didn’t want to saturate the thread with them lol.

soosh
    Participant
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok, but how did you get the camera under the belly of the plane?

justkat
    Participant

my all-time favorite sunset photo was something I’ve already used, so I couldn’t use it this week:

Oooh, the lines in that are awesome. I love geometric shapes in photography.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    soosh
    Participant

I’m thinking the wing runs over the top of the cabin, like a float plane.

soosh
    Participant

an exceedingly large sunrise panorama with 2008’s last full moon setting

Holy shit………………………

that’s something like 18 full frames stitched together, taken at 400mm. printed at 16″ tall, it’d be 8 feet or longer.

lokisbong
    Participant

Holy shit is right! Thats wicked.

justkat
    Participant

You goofball.

Okay, here’s Olav and John pushing the plane to the gas pump…

Now, picture it up in the air, and me in the back seat with my camera. Make sense now?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yers. I think I’m much more gone than I realize. I didn’t notice the wing strut before, so I thought it was coming out from a different place.

justkat
    Participant

Yers. I think I’m much more gone than I realize. I didn’t notice the wing strut before, so I thought it was coming out from a different place.

As long as you’re having fun. 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Always 😉

Here’s my B side…prolly should have submitted it instead of tequila sunrise, but I wanted something funny:
    Sunset 02

thepostess
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 150 total)
  • The topic ‘01-20-10 – Sunrise…Sunset…’ is closed to new replies.